Arista di maiale al forno
Pork loin roast Traditional recipe
Pork loin roast is a traditional, easy-to-do dish with which you are always sure to make a good impression. In fact, this meat is usually more tender and flavorful. To make pork loin roast, you need a few ingredients: a piece of boned pork, aromatic herbs (sage, rosemary), garlic (if you like), a few slices of bacon (finely cut), a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Recipe for Mediterranean diet.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 1kg (2.2 pounds) pork loin, boned
- 70g (2 1/2 ounces) bacon, sliced finely
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 dried sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper, if liked
preparation: 10 minutes
plus resting time
cooking: 1 hour 10 minutes
total: 1 hour 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 275 (kcal) 14 % GDA (*)- 1152 (kJ)
Protein: 28.8 (g) 58 % GDA
Total fat: 17.8 (g) 26 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 0.0 (g)
Sugars: 0.0 (g)
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (79 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Pork loin roast recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare pork loin.
In Italy it is easy to find pork loin already prepared with rosemary and bacon and, above all, already tied.
However, if you have sufficient manual ability, it is easy to prepare it at home.
Season to taste your piece of meat with salt and pepper.
Wrap it with slices of bacon. It is not necessary to wrap it completely.
Place rosemary sprig and tie with kitchen string.
- - Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F).
- - First cooking: on the stove.
Use a baking dish that goes well for the stove too.
Place olive oil, sage, garlic and pork loin.
Let all fry slightly, turning pork meat on all sides, on very low heat.
Do not let garlic color too much and remember to remove it before baking.
- - Second cooking: in the oven.
Transfer your baking dish into the oven and bake, 20 minutes.
Raise temperature to 180°C (350°F) and cook, other 40 minutes.
Make sure your meat is cooked well.
Just before serving
- - Remove pork loin roast from the oven and wait at least fifteen minutes before removing the string and slicing.
Usually, I heat it up, after slicing, in the oven before serving.
- - The recipe is the same when you want to bake pork loin with its bone.
- - I prefer to cook pork loin in this simple way. Obviously you can add other aromatics (celery, carrot and onion). Another variant is to add dried plums, or fresh apples just before baking. It is an excellent solution for Christmas menus. In some cases I add a glass of beer before baking.
- - Pork loin roast is a very simple-to-do, well balanced dish you can make for your family menu but it is also special for full menus if you invite friends and relatives.
Pork loin roast with its bone is a very refined dish for special event menus, Holiday season included!
- - As you can see, pork loin roast is not a high-calorie dish, despite the presence of bacon that really is little more than 10 grams per head. As always, the portions make the difference. The greater and more numerous your meat slices are, the greater calories and fat are ...
- - There are no fibers in this pork dish. Choosing a side dish of cooked or raw vegetables and completing your meal with fresh fruit, you can properly balance.
What's the right wine for " Pork loin roast "?
My husband and I pair Cirò rosso (wine from Calabria) to pork loin roast.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1