Fesa di tacchino agli aromi
Turkey breasts with herbs Our original home cooking
Turkey breast with herbs is a very simple dish, poor in ingredients. It's ideal for people who like eating light without sacrificing the taste. This turkey is marinated and then boiled. It is cooled in its own cooking liquid, then sliced ad seasoned with olive oil and chives. Mediterranean diet recipe.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 500g (1.1 pound) turkey breast, in a piece
- 50g (1 3/4 ounce) onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons white or rosé wine
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried or fresh chives (optional)
- Balsamic vinegar from Modena, Italy (optional)
preparation: 10 minutes
marinade: 4 hours
cooking: 1 hour
total: 1 h 10 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 226 (kcal) 12 % GDA (*)- 947 (kJ)
Protein: 30.1 (g) 61 % GDA
Total fat: 11.5 (g) 17 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 0.6 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 0.6 (g) 1 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (110 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Marinated and boiled turkey breast recipe
- - Place turkey breast in a large bowl.
- - Cover it with with abundant water.
- - Add cubed onion, wine, dried herbs and 2 tsps olive oil.
- - Cover and allow to marinate, 3 to 4 hours.
- - At this point season with salt and bring to a boil.
- - When the water begins boling, reduce heat to just simmering point, cover and cook, about an hour.
- - Let cool in its cooking water.
Just before serving
- - Cut your meat into thick slices and dress with olive oil and, if you like, with fresh or dried chives.
- - This meat is more delicious if you dress it with some drops of balsamic vinegar from Modena - Italy.
- - If you want, you can store its stock, after filtering it, in the refrigerator up to 2 to 3 days or freeze up to a year.
It can be used for cooking a very good risotto, link to our index below.
But you can use it for steaming potatoes too (colored potatoes) (link below).
Useful links for this recipe
- - As promised, here's our risotto recipe index.
- - Another interesting and scenic recipe is colored potatoes.
- - As you can see, when you use the portions suggested for meat and do not exceed the dressing,, calories are not high.
- - The Mediterranean diet does not exclude meat but prefers white meat than the red one and the fish than meat, to distribute better the sources of protein.
What's the right wine for " Turkey breasts with herbs "?
Our suggestion is: Grignolino d'Asti (red wine of Piedmont - Italy).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1