Focaccia con i ceci
Flatbread with chick peas Our original home cooking
This flatbread with chickpeas is a recipe of mine, very simple to do if you have already the habit to make pizza dough at home. Instead of letting your pizza dough leaven and then roll it on the baking sheet, you have to combine your pizza dough with other ingredients and let it rise directly in the pan. It is very good served with assorted cold cuts or whatever your imagination suggests.
Ingredients / Serves 8
- Pizza dough for 4 people
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 400g (14 ounces) can steamed chick peas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 30 minutes
plus leavening time
cooking: about 20 minutes
total time: 50 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 282 (kcal) 15 % GDA (*)- 1180 (kJ)
Protein: 10.2 (g) 21 % GDA
Total fat: 3.7 (g) 6 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 55.3 (g) 21 % GDA
Sugars: 4.0 (g) 5 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (111 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for focaccia (Italian flatbread) with chickpeas
Preparation and cooking
- - Drain chickpeas very well from their conservation juice and then pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- - Prepare pizza dough following my instructions (link below) or your favorite recipe.
- - When you finish to knead pizza dough, put it on the lightly floured work surface.
Enlarge your dough, arrange on the top 2 teaspoons rosemary and chick peas.
Knead all again but with a great delicacy not to crush chick peas.
If necessary, add other flour.
- - Grease the bottom of a 35cm (14in) round ovenproof dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
Roll out your dough on the bottom.
Oil its top with remaining olive oil and sprinkle remaining rosemary.
Let it raise in a warm place, at least 2 hours.
- - Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Bake, 20 minutes.
Cooking time is indicative and depends on your oven.
Just before serving
- - Transfer your focaccia on a serving plate.
Slice and serve warm or cold.
- - You can also use wholemeal flour to make this focaccia. I like it very much!
- - I suggest to make pizza dough with milk for a softer focaccia. Link below.
- - You can serve this focaccia with chickpeas on many occasions.
Sliced to accompany assorted salami and/or cheeses (Italian antipasto, starter, buffet ...)
Combine it with raw or cooked vegetables for a vegetarian get-togethers.
Prepare it for your family menu.
- - Suggested doses are perfect when you have guests.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Interested in my recipe for pizza dough worked with milk?
- - Be careful eating focaccia, it's often rich in calories.
- - If you are interested in healthy eating and want to prepare this focaccia for your family menu, remember the presence of chickpeas that are source of protein. The best choice is to accompany it with seasonal vegetables.
- - Fiber per serving: 3.2 grams
What's the right wine for " Flatbread with chick peas "?
Pair a young red wine to this focaccia with chickpeas or a rosé wine. My husband and I like rosé Lambrusco (wine from Emilia Romagna) very much.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1