Gnocchi con capesante e mazzancolle
Gnocchi with scallop-and-prawn sauce Our original home cooking
Gnocchi with scallop-and-prawn sauce plus Nile perch is a refined and unusual recipe. It's a tasty seafood dish that most of your guests will like very much. You can also enrich it with 2 tablespoons red lumpfish roe, that is the eggs from a mature female lumpfish, a less expensive alternative to genuine caviar. So you'll have a beautiful-to-see dish too, ideal for Christmas or New Eve's dinner. You can also prepare this gnocchi dish for your Sunday menu or a celebration menu.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- For gnocchi dough
- 1kg (2.2 pounds) potatoes
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- For gnocchi sauce
- 450g (1 pound) Nile perch
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) fresh prawns, in their shell
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) scallops, shelled
- 200g (7 ounces) leek, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 30 minutes
plus the active time for gnocchi
cooking: 30 minutes
plus cooking time for potatoes
total time: 2 hours
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 741 (kcal) 38 % GDA (*)- 3099 (kJ)
Protein: 52.0 (g) 104 % GDA
Total fat: 18.2 (g) 26 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 100.1 (g) 38 % GDA
Sugars: 5.1 (g) 6 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (209 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for gnocchi with prawn-and-scallop sauce
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare gnocchi.
Follow our instructions to prepare gnocchi dough or, alternately, your favorite recipe. Link below.
Arrange your gnocchi, well separated, in floured trays.
- - Prepare sauce ingredients.
Chop scallops and mince Nile perch. You can also chop it.
Shell prawns but put apart some of them to garnish your dish.
Prepare a stock with their heads and shells following these instructions. Put them in a little pan with 800ml (1 2/3 pints - 3 1/3 cups) water and simmer until reduced to half. Then filter your stock and set aside.
- - Prepare gnocchi sauce.
Brown leek in olive oil on low heat, using a large pan. Stir frequently.
Stir in Nile perch and scallops a minute.
Then pour in a ladle of stock. Season to taste with salt but be careful, seafood is already salty. Let all your ingredients cook on medium heat, few minutes. Add other stock only if necessary. Stir now and then.
Remember: your sauce must not be too reduced if you want to dress well your gnocchi.
Once turned off the stove, add parsley and chives too.
- - Cook gnocchi.
Cook your gnocchi, few at a time, in plenty of salted boiling water.
Remember: they are cooked as soon as they float to the surface.
Remove them with a slotted spoon and transfer directly in the pan with the hot sauce.
Just before serving
- - Finally add prawns and sauté on high heat, stirring frequently, a minute.
- - Your gnocchi are ready!
- - I made this seafood sauce with frozen scallops too. In the absence of fresh scallops you can do it.
- - If you have no time to make gnocchi dough, use ready-to-cook gnocchi.
- - To change flavor, I often make felt gnocchi mixing 200g (7 ounces) emmer flour with 100g (3 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour.
If you like emmer flavor try this recipe.
- - If you want to add lumpfish roes too, dilute them in a ladle of warm stock and add to gnocchi sauce together with prawns.
- - This gnocchi dish serves 4 if prepared for your family meal. For example a Sunday lunch. In fact it is a medium-difficulty and laborious recipe to make it for your daily menu. Besides it is one-plate meal. Read more below, in "healthy eating"!
- - On the contrary, if you want to prepare it for your get-togethers, it serves more than 8 people. On such occasions you prepare many other tasty things, right?
Useful links for this recipe
- - You can read two recipes of ours about gnocchi dough. The first is made with potatoes and all-purpose flour (gnocchi - recipe 1). The second gnocchi dough is made adding eggs to previous main ingredients (gnocchi - recipe 2).
- - The following considerations apply only to family menus.
Gnocchi are one of the best dishes of Italian cuisine but from the nutritional point of view they are a problem because the combination of two ingredients, flour and potatoes, both generous source of carbohydrates. Nutritionists advise against consuming more than one carbo source in the same meal and then we should enjoy this luxurious food not too frequently :))
Another problem is to be added: how to dress them. If the ingredients are a lot, in other words if the plate is rich, as in this case, calories rise and can rise too much!
For all these reasons gnocchi must be one-plate meal!
What's the right wine for " Gnocchi with scallop-and-prawn sauce "?
My husband and I have always paired an aromatic and fragrant white wine such as Vermentino from Liguria or from Sardinia to gnocchi with scallop-and-prawn sauce. Among Sardinia wines another tip is Vermentino di Gallura
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1