Fusilli radicchio e speck
Short pasta with radicchio and speck Our original home cooking
Pasta with radicchio and speck sauce is a typical dish in winter and early spring when oranges are in season. It's tasty and healthy. Its sauce is cooked to add olive oil only at last step, without cooking it. So you can preserve its fantastic nutritional properties. I generally use emmer pasta for its richness in fiber. This pasta dish is perfect for your family diet plan, one-plate meal for lunch.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 140g (5 ounces) emmer pasta (fusilli)
- 200g (7 ounces) Italian radicchio (red chicory)
- 1 orange (150g - 5 1/3 ounces)
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) speck, in a slice
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 100ml (3 1/3 fluid ounces) dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: 35 minutes
total: 50 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 529 (kcal) 27 % GDA (*)- 2212 (kJ)
Protein: 25.1 (g) 51 % GDA
Total fat: 22.2 (g) 32 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 51.5 (g) 20 % GDA
Sugars: 9.2 (g) 11 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (149 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for radicchio-and-speck pasta
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare all ingredients.
Clean and wash radicchio. Then cut it into thin strips.
Wash orange; grate its peel and put apart. Then squeeze its pulp.
- - Prepare pasta sauce.
Put orange juice and its peel, radicchio, speck, wine, tomato paste and all aromatic herbs in a non-stick frying pan.
Season to taste with salt.
Add a glass of water and cook on medium heat, half-covered, stirring now and then, until the cooking juice is reduced.
- - Cook pasta.
Meanwhile cook pasta to "al dente" stage according to the instructions on the package.
Drain it very well.
Just before serving
- - Transfer pasta into the pan with the sauce.
Stir on high heat, for a minue with delicacy.
Turn off the stove.
Add olive oil and stir.
Your pasta is ready.
- - Use Trevisan radicchio for this recipe if you find it.
- - Speck is Alto Adige's smoked pancetta.
- - If you prefer crunchy radicchio this cooking time is right.
If you prefer softer radicchio use more water and increase cooking time.
- - You can accompany your pasta, when serving, with a bowl full of Parmesan cheese.
- - Emmer pasta is a typical Italian product. It's used by people who like organic, wholesome food. But you can also use other good quality pasta (anyway prefer short pasta).
- - Pasta with radicchio and speck sauce is a perfect single course.
Complete your lunch with fresh fruit.
- - I generally don't choose it in a full menu when I've guests unless I know they share with me healthy cooking.
- - Pasta with radicchio and speck is a tasty one-plate meal. In a single course you have carbo in pasta and radicchio, protein in speck and fat in olive oil.
- - The amount of speck is the daily portion as suggested by Italian nutritionists but I remember you it is also the weekly portion for salami. So you shouldn't make it frequently ;)
What's the right wine for " Short pasta with radicchio and speck "?
My husband and I suggest to pair a red wine such as Schiava or Lagrein of Trentino Alto Adige. Another choice could be Bardolino (wine of Veneto - Italy).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1