Insalata di pasta con ceci e pomodori
Pasta salad with tomatoes and chickpeas Our original home cooking
This pasta salad (insalata di pasta) made with tomatoes and chickpeas is tasty and healthy for its ingredients. It's a summer dish. Its ingredients are: pasta, extra virgin olive oil, fresh aromatic herbs (chives, bay leaves and basil), raw tomatoes and chickpeas. It's an easy-and-fast-to-do recipe if you use canned chickpeas. Below you can read what wine to pair.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 160g (5.6 ounces) short pasta
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 500g (1.1 pound) ripe but firm tomatoes
- Little bunch of fresh chives
- Some leaves fresh basil
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
plus chickpea soaking
cooking: 90 minutes
total: 1 h 40 minutes
- Nutrition Facts (amount per serving):
Calories: 545 (kCal) 28 % GDA (*) - 2280 (kJ)
Protein: 19.6 (g) 27 % GDA
Total fat: 14.5 (g) 21 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 89.4 (g) 34 % GDA
Sugars: 13.4 (g) 15 % GDA
Recipe for pasta salad with chickpeas and tomatoes
Preparation and cooking
- - The evening before: rehydrate chickpeas.
Soak dried chickpeas overnight using cold water.
- - The day after: cook chickpeas.
Rinse your chickpeas, transfer them into a pan, cover with abundant cold water and bring to the boil.
At this point lower the flame and kcontinue cooking for an hour or until tender.
Be careful your chickpeas are always covered with water.
Add other boiling water only if necessary.
Drain chickpeas very well and put apart.
You have to season with salt only in a second time.
- - Prepare tomatoes and chives.
Peel tomatoes, remove their seeds and chop.
Transfer tomatoes into a large bowl together with chickpeas.
Clean, wash and chop chives.
Add to other ingredients.
Add olive oil too.
Season to taste with salt.
Stir and put apart.
- - Cook pasta.
Cook pasta al dente stage in abundant salt water.
Drain your pasta and run under cold water in order to stop cooking, drain again.
- - The last step.
Transfer the pasta into the bowl and stir with delicacy.
Your dish is ready.
Just before cooking
- - Wait for an hour before serving for a better taste.
- - For a quicker recipe: use canned chickpeas: 1 400g (14 ounces) can chickpeas
- - In the photo you can see I use wholemeal pasta for an healthy daily diet.
- - Remember to use olive oil after cooking to preserve its extraordinary nutritive value as I suggest in the recipe description.
- - You have the best result with organic ingredients, really!
- - Everyone will like it included vegan people.
- - I suggest this pasta salad version made with canned chickpeas for your daily menu. It's simple-to-do, healthy and quick. But I have to specify it would be healthier and tastier with dried chickpeas.
Besides you can prepare it for a dinner party or a barbecue with your friends (the doses are enough for more people in this case)
- - In this case I calculated nutrition facts with canned chickpeas, really used more.
Note the amount of calories and the combination of its ingredients. It can be only one-plate meal.
According to Mediterranean diet you have in the same dish: wholemeal pasta (the best source of carbohydrates and fibers), tomatoes (special source of vitamins and minerals, carbohydrates and fibers), chickpeas (source of proteins and fibers) and olive oil (with the right amount of fat). Mediterranean diet suggests the combination of pasta and pulses for a healthy diet.
Eat some fresh seasonal vegetable if you are still hungry. Eat fresh fruit as a snack at afternoon.
Here are the doses per head: 80g (2.8 ounces) pasta, 50g (1 3/4 ounce) dried chickpeas or 100g (3 1/2 ounces) canned chickpeas, well drained and then 200 to 300 g (7 to 10 1/2 ounces) fresh tomatoes, aromatic herbs and 2 teaspoons olive oil.