Polpette di persico africano
Nile perch patties recipe Our original home cooking
Fish patties are delicious, they're as tasty as meatballs. Seeing is believing :-) I make a lot of versions of them. This recipe is made with Nile perch, fish widely available throughout the year. Enjoy them with all your family, children included. But if there are children, cook them in the oven without wine.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 450g (1 pound) Nile perch fillets
- 70g (2.5 ounces) stale bread
- 1 egg
- 2 young fresh onions, chopped (about 50g - 1 3/4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 100g (3.5 ounces) plain dried breadcrumbs
- 250ml (8.5 fluid ounces - 1C) dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 20 minutes
total time: 40 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 356 (kcal) 18 % GDA (*)- 1490 (kJ)
Protein: 27.7 (g) 56 % GDA
Total fat: 14.4 (g) 21 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 33.4 (g) 13 % GDA
Sugars: 2.4 (g) 3 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (135 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Nile perch patties recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Soak stale bread in cold water and then remove the excess of water pressing it between your hands very well.
- - Prepare fish mixture.
Blend fish fillets with egg, aromatic herbs, soaked bread, balsamic vinegar and onions in a food processor.
Transfer your mixture into a bowl.
Begin adding plain dried breadcrumbs slowly, mixing continuously.
You should need about 80g (2.8 ounces) for the right texture but it's difficult to say if it's the right dose. The experience will teach you what is the right dose every time.
Season to taste with salt.
- - Shape Nile pearch patties.
Shape your mixture into big size balls and then press them as well as when you make meat patties.
Dip every patty in the remaining plain dried breadcrumbs.
- - Cooking.
Pour olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, add fish patties and let them fry slightly on both side over medium heat.
At this point pour in white wine, reduce heat and continue cooking, half-covered, till all cooking juice is well reduced.
Remember to turn over your fish patties now and then with delicacy.
At the end, brown your fish patties on both sides.
Just before serving
- - Serve Nile perch patties hot or warm.
- - You can also make two fish loafs with the same doses. Cook them in the same way. You can cook them in advance.
- - Serve these fish patties accompanied by a green salad or a fennel & orange salad or seasonal boiled vegetables.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Follow the link if interested in fennel and orange salad.
- - Meatballs, fishballs, meat and fish patties require a lot of ingredients, so they can not be low in calories and fat. My tip is to accompany them with seasonal green salad, source of fiber.
What's the right wine for " Nile perch patties recipe "?
Generally, my husband and I uncork a good-quality wine made with Pinot grapes.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1