Polpette di platessa con piattoni
Fish burgers accompanied with flat beans Our original home cooking
Everyone like meatballs, there is no doubt. My husband and I too. We like them to the point that over the years I learned how to prepare them not only with meat but with fish and legumes too. Look at my bean burgers, for example;)) Link below! On this page, on the contrary, you can read my recipe for plaice burgers. I generally serve them accompanied by flat beans stewed but you can choose the seasonal vegetables that you like.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- For plaice burgers
- 500g (1.1 pound) plaice fillets
- 1 50g (1 3/4 ounce) stale roll
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- 50g (1 3/4 ounce) plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- For flat beans stew
- 1kg (2.2 pounds) fresh flat beans
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) young fresh onions, finely chopped
- 400g (14 ounces) puréed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200ml (6 3/4 fluid ounces - 1/2 plus 1/3 cup) white wine
- Fresh basil leaves
preparation: 40 minutes
cooking: about 1 hour
total: 1 hour 40 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 426 (kcal) 22 % GDA (*)- 1783 (kJ)
Protein: 34.7 (g) 70 % GDA
Total fat: 19.7 (g) 29 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 29.5 (g) 11 % GDA
Sugars: 11.3 (g) 13 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (96 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for plaice burgers with stewed flat beans
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare all ingredients.
Soak your stale roll in cold water and then squeeze it very well to remove the excess of water.
Meanwhile clean and wash flat beans.
- - Cook flat beans.
Pour olive oil and onion in a non-stick frying pan.
Let onion fry slightly on low heat, stirring now and then.
Pour in pureed tomatoes too.
Bring to a boil again and add flat beans, wine marjoram and at least two glasses of water.
You'll have to add parsley, chives and basil just before turning off the stove.
Season to taste with salt and continue cooking over low heat, half-covered.
Flat beans must be covered by water. Cooking times are very variable and depend on the tenderness of flat beans. Sometimes you need more than an hour. In other cases much less. So be careful when you add water.
- - Prepare fish burgers.
Purée plaice fillets in a food processor until smooth.
Put your fish in a bowl together with soaked roll, soy sauce, aromatic herbs and egg.
Stir accurately and begin to add, slowly, plain dried breadcrumbs until you have the consistency desired.
But remember that your mixture must not be too hard.
Season to taste with salt, stir again and begin forming mixture into 1 1/2 to 2 inch burgers.
Dip your fish burgers into plain dried breadcrumbs.
Then fry slightly in a non stick frying pan on all sides using 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
Then pour in white wine and complete cooking.
Let cooking liquid reduce well over medium heat.
Fish burgers do not require a long cooking time.
Remove your burgers from the pan with a skimming ladle and put apart.
- - Assemble your dish.
Meanwhile keep under control the cooking of flat beans, adding other hot water if necessary.
Add fish burgers, parsley, chives and basil only in the last minute when cooking juices are almost reduced.
Just before serving
- - Serve your plaice burgers with stewed flat beans hot or lukewarm, in individual plates.
- - This is a delicious recipe that you can realize in late spring and summer when there are fresh flat beans. You can prepare it in advance and warm up just before serving.
- - You can also make it with green beans.
- - If you want to add further flavor to your fish burgers you can add a spring onion, finely chopped. to other ingredients.
- - If you like garlic add a clove to flat beans.
- - Plaice burgers with stewed flat beans is a tasty one plate meal, ideal for your family menu.
- - Ideal for children too. In this case, prepare smaller burgers. Fry slightly them in olive oil but do not use wine. After frying, transfer your burgers into a plate and add them to flat beans 5 minutes before turning off the stove. Avoid adding wine to flat beans too.
I assure you that the dish is very tasty because I have experienced it in this version.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Interested in bean burgers too?
- - As I have already written, these fish burgers accompanied by stewed vegetables are a great main dish to serve with a small portion of bread (30 grams) because there is already breadcrumbs among ingredients. Complete your meal with fresh fruit.
- - For healthier diet: avoid frying as I often do. I generally simmer onion in a little water, then I add tomato puree and remaining ingredients respecting the recipe as I have just described. I add olive oil as soon as I turn off the stove. Nutritional properties of olive oil remain unchanged.
- - Fiber per serving: 10.0 grams.
What's the right wine for " Fish burgers accompanied with flat beans "?
The best choice is Regaleali Bianco (white wine from Sicily) according to me and my husband.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1