Salmone marinato e grigliato
Grilled marinated salmon Our original home cooking
Salmon is very tasty. It's a fish that everybody likes, really! Ideal choice for your family menu and get-togethers, especially BBQ. There are many ways to cook it but I always prefer very short and simple cooking as grilling or steaming. However, for a better taste, you first need to marinate salmon. Mediterranean diet recipe.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) fresh salmon, in two large slices or steaks
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Dry white wine
preparation: 10 minutes
plus marinating time
cooking: 10 minutes
total: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 270 (kcal) 14 % GDA (*)- 1131 (kJ)
Protein: 17.9 (g) 36 % GDA
Total fat: 21.7 (g) 31 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 1.0 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 1.0 (g) 2 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (123 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Grilled marinated salmon recipe
- - Marinate salmon slices in white wine with aromatic herbs for about an hour.
- - Cook salmon on the hot grill on both sides: pay attention when you turn out your fish in order not to break fish slices.
Just before serving
- - Arrange every slice on a dish and dress with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
Acompanuy with the side-dish you've chosen.
- - The choice of salmon is essential for a beautiful presentation of this dish. Fillets are preferable when you have guests. But steaks are also perfect as you can see in the picture.
- - Another essential condition is the freshness of fish.
- - I modify this recipe from time to time by adding other flavor enhancers once the salmon is cooked, when I'm seasoning. Other fresh chives or thyme, peppercorns ...
- - You can use electrical grid but the recipe is suitable for the barbecue too.
- - Grilled marinated salmon is a great choice for your family menu but for BBQ too, during warmer months.
Everyone likes salmon ;))
- - You can choose among different side dishes made with raw or cooked vegetables.
Family menu: spinach, potatoes, bell peppers, tomato salad, green salads, green beans, asparagus, broccoli, carrots ... according to the season.
BBQ: grilled zucchini, aubergines, tomatoes or potatoes in foil.
- - In addition to having high-quality and tasty meat, salmon is also interesting for its nutritional values. It is particularly rich in protein, vitamins (thiamine, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12), some mineral salts (phosphorus and selenium) and also in omega-3. But beware, if in addition to its flavor, you are looking especially for omega-3, know that mackerel is richer in these nutrient. Among other things, grilled mackerel is not bad. And the cost is equally important to evaluate. Mackerel is much cheaper.
- - About grilling. It's necessary to grill salmon and all fish rich in omega-three at not too high temperatures to avoid the loss of their omega-3.
- - More attention in choosing salmon. Do not be attracted by too colorful meat. It often indicates the presence of dyes in feed. One example can be canthaxanthin. It can be dangerous in large quantities for the sight.
What's the right wine for " Grilled marinated salmon "?
The kind of wine depends on occasion. When I prepare grilled salmon for me and my husband we like to pair Lugana (white wine from Lombardy) or Vermentino di Gallura (white wine from Sardinia).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1