Salmone in insalata
Salmon salad Our original home cooking
Salmon salad is really a particular dish that you can serve in summer for your family menu or a cold dinner with friends. I sometimes prepare it when I have to plan a buffet instead of the more classic salmon carpaccio that is a very popular and widely seen dish. Link to this recipe below!
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 500g (1.1 pound) fresh salmon
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) green beans
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 500g (1.1 ounces) potatoes
- 60g (2.1 ounces) black olives, stoned
- 2 tablespoons capers in vinegar
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
preparation: 30 minutes
plus cooling time
cooking: about 60 minutes
total: 1 hour 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 512 (kcal) 26 % GDA (*)- 2141 (kJ)
Protein: 26.3 (g) 53 % GDA
Total fat: 29.2 (g) 42 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 25.5 (g) 10 % GDA
Sugars: 6.2 (g) 7 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (139 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Salmon salad recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare all ingredients.
Clean and wash green beans, steam them and, when they're cold, cut everyone into two or three pieces.
Peel potatoes, steam them and cube.
Boil cherry tomatoes for 30 seconds, cool them and peel.
Steam salmon, peel it, remove its bones and cut into pieces.
Slice hard-boiled eggs.
- - Assemble your dish.
Put all these ingredients in a large bowl but remember to put apart some egg slices to garnish your dish at the end.
Add aromatic herbs and olives.
Prepare dressing: put olive oil, vinegar, capers and anchovy pieces in a little bowl and stir vigorously.
Pour it into salmon salad and stir with delicacy.
Then season to taste with salt and stir again.
Just before serving
- - Wash some lettuce leaves, pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper and arrange them on a serving plate.
Pour your salmon salad over the lettuce leaves and garnish with the eggs slices you've put apart.
Your dish is ready!
- - You can prepare this dish in advance but remember to chill it until serving. In this case bring it to room temperature at least 30 minutes before serving.
- - Don't cut fish and all vegetables into too little pieces otherwise, when you stir your salad, all ingredients could break up.
- - You can prepare this dish all year choosing fresh or frozen ingredients and fresh or dried aromatic herbs. In winter you have to serve it at room temperature.
- - This dish is very tasty. You can serve it as one-plate dish accompanied with a green salad or in a meal, buffet-style together with other dishes in every season.
- - Regarding doses adjust in this manner.
If you prepare salmon salad for your family menu it serves four.
Otherwise you can also calculate 8 people if not more.
Useful links for this recipe
- - This is the link to the recipe for salmon carpaccio.
- - As you can see salmon salad is a dish rich in calories and fat but it is also rich in ingredients. For this I recommend it as a main dish in summer.
- - The use of salmon in cooking unfortunately follows trends. Currently, being quite tasty and easy to cook, it is chosen for many recipes and many important occasions. On the contrary in the 80s I remember perfectly that had been set aside. Too bad because from the nutritional point of view it is a fish to cook often. Remember it is rich in omega 3.
What's the right wine for " Salmon salad "?
My husband and I generally pair Muller Thurgau (white wine from Trentino- Alto Adige - Italy) to this cold dish with salmon. If you prepare it for a meal, buffet style with meat and fish dishes you can think of rosé wines too.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1