Salmone al vino rosso
Wine-flavored salmon Our original home cooking
Salmon in red wine is a quick and easy recipe, suitable for an important dinner too because very tasty. Choose fillets from the tail and not steaks because poor in thorns, if you want to make a good impression in your guests.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 1 400g (14 ounces) fresh salmon fillet
- 30g (1 ounce) little young fresh onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried bay leaves
- 2 juniper berries
- 150ml (5 fluid ounces - 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons) red wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: about 30 minutes
total time: 40 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 460 (kcal) 23 % GDA (*)- 1926 (kJ)
Protein: 34.1 (g) 69 % GDA
Total fat: 32.1 (g) 46 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 9.5 (g) 4 % GDA
Sugars: 3.2 (g) 4 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (113 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for wine-flavored salmon
Preparation and cooking
- - Put 1 tablespoon olive oil, red wine, bay leaves, juniper berries and onions in a deep pan.
- - Add salmon skin down and season to taste with salt.
- - Cook, half-covered, on low heat until your fish is tender.
- - Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- - Grease a baking pan with remaining olive oil.
- - Transfer only salmon fillet into the pan.
- - Add cornstarch to the cooking liquid through a strainer, stirring constantly.
Continue stirring and let your cooking liquid reduce, on very low heat.
- - Spoon cooking liquid on the salmon surface.
Bake, some minutes.
Just before serving
- - Serve your salmon hot.
- You can serve this salmon dish with mashed potatoes or peas.
What's the right wine for " Wine-flavored salmon "?
I suggest the same wine used to cook salmon (such as Rosso Piceno - red wine from marches - Italy).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1