Pizza alla diavola
Pizza with spicy salami Authentic Italian recipe
Diavola pizza or pizza with spicy salami is very tasty. It's an easy-to-do recipe even at home. Enjoy it with your family and friends!
Ingredients / Serves 4
- Pizza dough for 4 people
- For the topping
- 400g (14 ounces) puréed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) spicy salami, sliced
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
plus rising time
cooking: about 15-20 minutes
total: 40 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 801 (kcal) 41 % GDA (*)- 3352 (kJ)
Protein: 37.5 (g) 50 % GDA
Total fat: 27.8 (g) 40 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 106.7 (g) 40 % GDA
Sugars: 12.1 (g) 14 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (107 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
If you want, you can prepare pizza dough following our instructions but you can also buy ready dough. If you choose our version you have less fat and calories. Nutrition facts are calculated with our version.
Prepare the dough and let it rise in a warm place.
Then divide the dough into four pieces and, on a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece. You can obtain the shape you want: rectangular or round. This amount of dough is enough for four 30 cm (12in) round baking sheets if you like crunchy pizza but if you prefer soft pizza use only two baking sheets.
Oil the baking sheets with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Transfer every portion of the dough to a baking sheet.
Prepare the tomato sauce: dress the puréed tomatoes with the remaining olive oil and chives; season to taste with salt and stir. Spread the tomato sauce to within 1/2 inch (1,2 cm) of the rim. Allow to rise about 20 minutes in a warm place.
Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Arrange the salami slices on the surface. Bake your pizza for about 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile grate the mozzarella cheese; then remove baking sheets from the oven and arrange the mozzarella cheese on the top. Bake again for about 5 minutes. Cooking times are indicative; everyone can adjust them to his oven.
- - The aumont of salami and mozzarella are indicative. Choose the right quantity according to your taste.
- - If you like oregano you can add a pinch of it to the tomato sauce
- - If you want to learn how to make pizza dough very well, consult our instructions. A rich sequence of photos explain to you how to prepare a perfect dough step-by-step.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1