Sugo pomodoro, ceci e cozze
Pasta sauce with fresh tomatoes, mussels and chick peas Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 400 g (14 oz) ripe but firm tomatoes
- 250 g (8 1/2oz) shelled frozen mussels
- 1 400 g (14oz) can chick peas
- 30 g (1 oz) onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried bay leaves
- 100 ml (4 fl oz - 1/2C) white wine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 206 (kcal) 11 % GDA (*)- 863 (kJ)
Protein: 12.9 (g) 26 % GDA
Total fat: 10.7 (g) 16 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 15.2 (g) 6 % GDA
Sugars: 4.7 (g) 6 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (163 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
This pasta sauce tastes fantastic!
It is made with fresh tomatoes, chick peas and mussels.
You can use it for Italian tagliatelle or other kind of egg or short pasta (penne, tortiglioni ...).
Thaw the mussels. A quick way to thaw mussels is to put the package under cold running water.
Once thawed, control if there are any beards left. In this case pull them off. A lot of people don't like them.
Let the onion fry lightly in the olive oil, add the mussels and saute for a couple of minutes stirring frequently. At this point add the tomatoes, aromatic herbs, wine and a ladle of water. Season to taste with salt and keep on cooking, half-covered, stirring now and then, until the sauce has the right thickness (see the photo). Add the chick peas, well drained, five minutes before the end of cooking.
The sauce is ready!
- - If you have fresh mussels the sauce is tastier.
- - If you wan, you can use fresh aromatic herbs.
What's the right wine for " Pasta sauce with fresh tomatoes, mussels and chick peas "?
Our suggestion is: Bardolino (red whine from Veneto-Italy)
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1