Sformatini di cime di rapa e gamberi
Turnip top & prawn tail flans Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 1kg (2.2 pounds) turnip tops
- 400g (14 ounces) prawn tails, precooked
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons plain dried breadcrumbs
preparation: 40 minutes
cooking: about 50 minutes
total: 1 h 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 253 (kcal) 13 % GDA (*)- 1058 (kJ)
Protein: 28.4 (g) 57 % GDA
Total fat: 11.4 (g) 17 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 9.8 (g) 4 % GDA
Sugars: 6.2 (g) 7 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (133 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for turnip top and prawn flans
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare turnip tops.
Clean and wash turnip tops.
Boil in salted water.
Drain and stop the cooking under the cold running water.
Squeeze to remove the water in excess.
Put in a mixer together with eggs and marjoram: mince roughly.
- - Prepare the vegetable and prawn mixture.
Remove the shell from the prawn tails and cut them into pieces.
Add them to the turnip top mixture.
Season to taste with salt and stir accurately.
- - Baking.
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Oil 4 little molds and sprinkle them with plain dried breadcrumbs.
Spoon the mixture into the molds up to the lip.
Bake until the surface becomes golden (about 30 minutes).
Just before serving
- - Serve the flans warm.
- - You can use frozen prawns too.
In this case follow the directions on the package to thaw them.
- - I usually steam vegetables to avoid losing too many nutritional values. I recommend it to all as a method of cooking, but proceed with caution when you have guests because the taste of turnip tops cooked in this way is much more penetrating.
- - Instead of preparing these flans you can realize a pie to serve divided into slices once it has cooled partially.
- - Prepare these turnip top and prawn flans ahead. Warm them up just before serving.
- - As you have seen this recipe is very simple. The only downside is cleaning turnip tops, but for people who follow healthy tips it should be a normal task in the kitchen. Eating fresh vegetables in season it is good for your health and portfolio, and the environment too.
For this reason I suggest them to vary your family menu and accustom your children to eat vegetables, hiding them ;))
- - However, they are so a delicious dish that you can choose for a full menu in a special occasion. I have served these flans in a Christmas menu and all enjoyed them (one plate meal for Christmas).
- - Serve them as starter in a menu in cold months with other fish dishes: mini bruschettas with salmon, grilled scallops ... This can be an assorted antipasto idea for your Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve dinner ;)
- - These flans with turnip tops and shrimps have calories and fat that are acceptable in portions I suggest.
Complete your menu with a green seasonal salad, a portion of bread (50g - 13/4 ounce) and fresh fruit.
- - Fiber per serving: 4.6g (daily intake: 23g)
What's the right wine for " Turnip top & prawn tail flans "?
My husband and I generally pair Cirò (white wine from Calabria) with these turnip top and shrimp flans.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1