Ingredients / Serves 4
- 2 ripe little avocados
- 1 small green serrano chili pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, finely sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 garlic clove, if desidered, finely chopped
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
cooking: no cooking
total time: 30 minutes
Download free PDF version ( download).
It’a very common sauce in Mexico but there are a lot of recipe. We present you the traditional recipe with the original colours. You can use it to serve roasted meat or as appetizers with tortillas chips.
Peel the avocados, remove their stone and mash their pulp with a fork.
Wash the tomatoes, pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper and dice.
Mix the avocado pulp, peppers, tomatoes, onion and garlic, if desidered,in a bowl, dress with the lemon juice and coriander.
Stir with delicacy and chill until serving.
- - You can substitute the coriander with parsley.
- - You can add 2 tablespoons of a good olive oil to make this sauce softer.
- - Be careful not to blend all the ingredients: the original recipe provides for coarsely-chopped ingredients as you can see in the photo.