Grape and cheese on skewers ( Spiedini con uva e formaggio )
Authentic Italian recipe
Looking for new appetizer ideas? Read how to prepare grapes and fontina cheese alternated on skewers: a tasty Italian appetizer for your alfresco dinner or cocktail party or buffet menu. No cooking recipe, ideal for late summer, early autumn or Christmastime.
time: 30 minutes
calories: 114 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) "fontina" cheese, cubed
- 200g (7 ounces) white and red fresh grapes, ripe but firm
- 16 skewers
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
6 % -
Protein: 6.4 (g) 13 % GDA
Total fat: 6.7 (g) 10 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 7.5 (g) 3 % GDA
Sugars: 7.5 (g) 9 % GDA
cooking: no cooking
total: 30 minutes
Download free PDF version (202 download).
Grape-and-cheese on the skewers recipe
- - Wash and dry the fresh grapes.
- - Remove the berries from their stalk.
- - If it is possible, you can pick out the seeds from every berry with the top of a knife or a vegetable peeler making a little cut on the top.
Just before serving
- - The berries and pieces of "fontina" cheese should be alternated on the skewers.
- - Combine grapes and cheese according to the different colors of fresh grapes.
- - Don't prepare these cheese-and-fruit skewers too much in advance.
- - You could place the skewers on a serving dish or stick them into some fruits (apples, grapefruits, winter melons).
The last solution is very nice to see.
- - Don't put too many ingredients on the same skewer.
The following ingredients should be enough: a berry of white grape, a piece of cheese and, to close, a berry of red grapes.
- - Don't choose these skewers to open a formal dinner. First of all, precisely because they are skewers and secondly because you shouldn't serve the cheese in a formal dinner. So the etiquette requires!
- - These skewers with grapes and cheese are ideal:
- - as finger food in a buffet (your cocktail party for Christmas wishes)
- - or to open an alfresco dinner or even a celebration menu in September (included outdoors wedding menu) matched with a glass of Prosecco
- - to be served to your guests waiting for the main dish in your last BBQ in September with the same wine you've chosen to match with your menu
Useful links for this recipe
- - You could be interested in other recipes with grapes that you can find in our page dedicated to ... grapes
- - Daily menu. I calculated the nutrition facts mostly because everyone that ends his lunch with cheese and grapes can have an idea of calories, fats and sugars.
- - Celebration menu. In this case, do not worry about calories, fat, sugar ... it's a special event, isn't it?
What's the right cocktail?
My husband and I generally pair a glass of Italian Prosecco or the same wine we've chosen for our full menu.