Crostini topped with salami, salmon and mozzarella
Our original home cooking
How many times have you planned a get-together, rustic-style with your friends or relatives? these croutons made with baguette slices topped with many genuine Italian foods will be very useful. A lot of people eat them willingly because they are assorted and have loved ingredients. They are fast to do!
time: 1 hour 10 minutes
calories: 189 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 1 250g (8 3/4) baguette
- 70g (2 1/2 ounces) Italian salami, finely sliced
- 70g (2 1/2 ounces) Italian pancetta, finely sliced
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) smoked salmon, finely sliced
- 3 medium-size potatoes
- 1 125g (4.4 ounces) fresh mozzarella, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
10 % -
Protein: 9.1 (g) 19 % GDA
Total fat: 9.5 (g) 14 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 17.9 (g) 7 % GDA
Sugars: 0.6 (g) 1 % GDA
plus potato cooling time
cooking: 50 minutes
total: 1 hour 10 minutes
Download free PDF version (76 download).
Recipe for Italian assorted crostini topped with salami, salmon and mozzarella
Preparation and cooking
- - Steam potatoes.
Let them cool and then peel and slice.
- - Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Slice a baguette and arrange its slices on a baking pan.
Divide them into three parts.
Brush all slices with olive oil.
- - Garnish a first part with doubled salami slice and a second part with smoked salmon pieces.
Arrange potato slices on the third part.
- - Put a bit of mozzarella cheese on salami and salmon and sprinkle with dried chives.
Put some pieces of pancetta on potatoes and sprinkle with dried rosemary.
- - Bake until mozzarella cheese melts.
Just before serving
- - Serve your assorted crostini warm.
- - You can garnish these assorted crostini in advance and bake as soon as guests arrive.
- - Generally, I grate my mozzarella instead of cubing it. I use a large hole grater. Good tip for pizza too, remember it!
- - With a baguette I usually get 45 to 50 croutons if I do not cut it into thick slices. I usually avoid it not to create any problem for my guests. So every portion includes about 4 croutons. Is it sufficient for your purposes? it depends on what you are planning and what you intend to serve together.
- - Use these croutons in different times and situations. A rustic buffet, a snack party in the afternoon, your happy hour (Italian aperitivo) with friends on a Saturday or Sunday night ... or your favorite football match on TV!
In the next paragraph I suggest a number of cocktails but keep in mind that my croutons can be matched to a glass of wine or prosecco too!
Useful links for this recipe
- - Serve these crostini paired with a "strong" cocktail such as Americano, Negroni, Bloody Mary, Manhattan, Daiquiri, Gin and It, Gin and French ...
- - Calories of these assorted Italian crostini seem low but a recipe of this kind with salami, cheese and salmon is always high calorie. We touch 200 calories with only 4 croutons ;))
Luckily, this recipe is not for our daily menu but be careful when you are involved in the ritual of the aperitif at the bar! by the way is it a habit in the world or an Italian rite?
- - Fiber per serving: 1.0 grams