Raspberry-flavored duck breasts
Petti d'anatra al succo di lamponi
Our original home cooking
Raspberry-flavored duck breast is a tasty and nice-to-see recipe. It's suitable for a special occasion menu or for your get-togethers when you want to cook something surprising for your friends. Duck meat is very tasty when cooked with fruit juice. Do you know orange duck? Raspberry duck is a recipe of mine that my guests are very fond of. It's a summer recipe, when raspberries are in season.
time: 55 minutes
calories: 471 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) duck breast
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 100ml (3 1/3 fluid ounces - just under 1/2 cup) Marsala
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 15 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
24 % -
Protein: 32.3 (g) 65 % GDA
Total fat: 22.7 (g) 33 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 23.8 (g) 9 % GDA
Sugars: 23.8 (g) 27 % GDA
cooking: 40 minutes
total: 55 minutes
Download free PDF version (162 download).
Raspberry duck recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare raspberries.
Purée raspberries in a blender or food processor.
Pass through a sieve.
You have to put apart some fruits to garnish.
- - Cooking.
Remove the skin from duck breast because it's rich in fat.
Put duck breast in a saucepan together with olive oil.
Fry slightly on both sides and pour in Marsala.
Let it evaporate on a fierce flame.
At this point lower heat, add raspberry juice and one ladle warm water.
Season to taste with salt and continue cooking, half-covered, until meat is tender.
Add other water only if necessary.
In the last minutes of cooking time, slice your meat to flavor better and taste its cooking juice.
If it's sour, no problem! Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of sugar.
Add chives just before turning off the stove.
Just before serving
- - Serve raspberry duck breast still hot, sprinkled with their gravy and garnished with whole raspberries.
- - You can prepare raspberry duck some hours ahead and then warm it up just before serving.
- - You can use fresh chives instead of dried one. The dish is tastier.
- - This dish with duck meat is tasty. You can astonish your guests!
It's a summer dish.
- - Accompany it with baked potatoes in foil to be served with melted butter and salt or seasonal green salad.
Useful link for this recipe
- - I mentioned orange duck in my introduction. Follow the link for the recipe.
- - As you can see reading its calories, fat and protein raspberry duck is not a dish suitable for your daily menu. You should choose it when you have guests.
- - Fiber per serving: 11.1 grams
What's the right wine for " Raspberry-flavored duck breasts "?
My husband and I generally match Grignolino del Monferrato Casalese (red wine from Piedmont - Italy) or Valpolicella (red wine of Veneto - Italy).