Light chestnut cake ( Castagnaccio light )
Our original home cooking
Chestnut cake isn't a high-calorie dessert. Check calories, total fat and sugars in the page dedicated to its traditional recipe, in Italian castagnaccio. Link below! But there are a lot of people who, for metabolic disorders, must follow a specific diet, not only poor in calories but in fat or sugar too. This is my version dedicated to those people. Unfortunately, you must give up some ingredients. But the cake is good, believe me;)
time: 1 h 10 minutes
calories: 135 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 12
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) chestnut flour
- 30g (1 ounce) granulated sugar
- 4 to 5 glasses water
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 20g (3/4 ounce) pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- Salt, a large pinch
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
7 % -
Protein: 2.1 (g) 5 % GDA
Total fat: 5.1 (g) 8 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 21.9 (g) 9 % GDA
Sugars: 7.1 (g) 8 % GDA
cooking: 50 minutes
total: 1 h 10 minutes
Download free PDF version (142 download).
Light castagnaccio recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Put chestnut flour together with sugar and salt in a bowl.
It would be better to sift chestnut flour ;)
- - Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200° C (400°F).
- - Add 2 teaspoons olive oil and then, slowly, the water, stirring continuosly to avoid lump formation.
If necessary, help you with a whisk.
You must have a fairly smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- - At this point add pine nuts and fennel seeds.
- - Grease a large but low baking dish with 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and pour in the mixture.
- - Brush the surface with the remaining olive oil.
- - Bake until your cake is well dried, 40 to 50 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Let your light chestnut cake cool before serving.
- - Preserve your castagnaccio cake for 2 to 3 days at room temperature.
- - The chestnut cake is a light dessert that can satisfy the desire for sweet of everyone.
Frankly I would not serve it to my guests unless I did not know that someone has serious dysmetabolic problems. If you have guests prefer the traditional recipe for castagnaccio.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Interested in the authentic recipe for castagnaccio?
- - My light chestnut cake has no cholesterol and is suitable for people who are careful not to gain weight as each portion provides only 135 calories.
- - I've already had occasion to write it is a dessert that everyone can eat considering the low intake of calories, fat and sugar.