Focaccia di Seiràss
Authentic Italian recipe from Piedmont
time: preparation: 20-30 minutes
cooking: 30-40 minutes
Ingredients / Serves 12
- 220 g (8oz) all-purpose flour
- 200 g (7oz) ricotta
- 150 g (5 1/2oz) sugar
- 40 g (1 1/2oz) sultanas
- 150 g (5 1/2oz) unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 100 g (3 1/2oz) pure chocolate (semi-sweet chocolate)
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanillina powder
- 16 g (1/2oz) baking powder
- 100 ml (4 fl oz - 1/2 C) rum
- 50 g (1 3/4oz) icing sugar
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 20-30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
cooking: 30-40 minutes
Download free PDF version (281 download).
This ricotta pie is a typical cake from Piedmont in Italy. In Piedmont it is callled focaccia di seiràss as seiràss is the name for ricotta.
This isn't a tart, made with a shell of short pastry filled with a ricotta mixture. In this case ricotta cheese is combined directly with all the other ingredients and baked.
It's very simple-to-do and everyone can make it.
Here it is the recipe!
Soak the sultanas in the rum liqueur.
Meanwhile put the eggs in a large bowl. Beat them, add the sugar and vanillina powder and beat again until a foamy mixture forms.
Wash the organic lemon and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper. Grate its peel and add it to the egg and sugar mixture. Stir accurately.
Sieve the flour and baking powder together and fold into the mixture, little at a time, stirring the mixture continuously.
Melt the butter in a bain-marie.
Add the ricotta cheese to the butter and stir until you have a creamy mixture. Add it slowly to the flour, egg and sugar mixture, stirring.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and prepare a 11-inch cake pan. You can use a sylicon pan or a non-stick baking pan with a removable bottom. In the second case you have to line the bottom and sides with waxed paper.
Cut the chocolate into very little pieces directly into the ricotta mixture. Add also the sultanas, well squeezed from their soaking juice.
Stir with delicacy and pour the mixture into the pan. Level the surface with a spoon.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the surface is golden. To understand if the cake is done baking: poke a skewer into the thickest part of the pie. If it does not come out clean the cake needs to bake longer.
Let the ricotta pie cool and then sprinkle the surface with icing sugar.
Serve cool or warm cut into slices.
- - You can prepare this ricotta pie 1 day ahead.
- - Preserve it 2 up 4 days at room temperature.
- - Se non avete lo stampo di silicone utilizzate una tortiera. Potete rivestirla di carta da forno oppure imburrarla e infarinarla. Ovviamente in questo ultimo caso l'apporto nutritivo è ancora maggiore.
What's the right wine for " Ricotta pie "?
Our suggestion is: Brachetto d'Acqui (red sparkling wine from Piedmont)