Apricot tart ( Crostata alle albicocche fresche)
Our original home cooking
This apricot tart was born on a Saturday morning by chance in my kitchen. I had bought too many apricots, really too many!!! Is it okay that I like them but ... in Italy we say: "il troppo stroppia" that is "too much breaks the bag", in this case my stomach!!!! After thinking about what kind of sweet to make and unusual combination of flavors, I got to work. This the result! What about it?
time: 1 hour 30 minutes
calories: 276 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 12
- 1 tart shell to serve 12
- Half a dose custard
- 400g (14 ounces) fresh apricots
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liquor
- medium difficulty
- Time: preparation: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
14 % -
Protein: 4.8 (g) 10 % GDA
Total fat: 11.6 (g) 17 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 38.4 (g) 15 % GDA
Sugars: 20.2 (g) 23 % GDA
cooking: 1 hour
total: 1 hour 30 minutes
Download free PDF version (50 download).
Recipe for apricot tart
Preparation and cooking
- - The day before.
Prepare tart shell. When I prepare a fruit tart I have the habit to make a softer tart shell than usual. In other words I don't use classic pastry but a different dough. You can find the link to the recipe below.
- - The day after.
It's enough to use 3 egg yolks. Below the link to my recipe. Remember to halve the doses but use 90g (3 1/4 ounces) sugar.
Let it cool.
Wash and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
Halve them, take out their kernel and cut into slices.
Put them in a bowl and add sugar and Cointreau.
Stir well with delicacy.
Put them apart. They have to flavor for no more than 30 minutes, so be careful with timeline.
- - Assemble your apricot tart.
Spread custard on the bottom of your tart shell.
Arrange apricot slices on the top.
Just before serving
- - Chill your apricot tart until 10 minutes before serving.
- - Be very careful not to overcook your tart shell. Excessive cooking would make it hard.
- - I suggest a 22cm (10in) tart mold but if you prefer a thinner shell use a larger mold.
- - You could prepare individual mini tarts too. They are ideal for meal, buffet-style.
- - I serve apricot tart in my special occasions in summer.
It's a sweet end for alfresco dinner or any get-together with relatives and friends.
Perfect for a snack with friends
What about as dessert for a BBQ party?
Useful links for this recipe
- - Calories of apricot tart do not seem very high but keep in mind that a sweet is always something more going to weigh heavily on the daily balance if it becomes a habit. But if it is sometimes a sin of gluttony and you do an active life ... you can also turn a blind eye ;))
- - In any case, be careful about sugar amount that WHO recommends no greater than 50 grams per day. And sugars are present everywhere, even in salty food, frozen, pre-cooked or canned.
- - My considerations are valid for an adult with an energy intake of 200 calories per day.
- - Fiber per serving: only 1 gram
What's the right wine for " Apricot tart "?
Pair Cointreau or another orange-flavored liquor.