Cocoa tagliatelle with light cream & walnuts ( Tagliatelle al cioccolato con panna e noci )
Our original home cooking
Cocoa tagliatelle topped with light-cream-and-walnut sauce is a a quick to do and simple recipe that I created for an important meal to make at the last minute from Saturday to Sunday. Unfortunately it is a real caloric bomb. So be careful! You can't enjoy it whenever you want :(( If you don't find dry cocoa tagliatelle, want to try to make them at home? below the link to fresh cocoa pasta how-to!
time: 30 minutes
calories: 710 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) dry cocoa tagliatelle
- 250ml (8 1/2 flui ounces - 1C) light (single) cream
- 60g (2.1 ounces) walnuts, shelled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- Pepper, if liked
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 10 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
36 % -
Protein: 14.9 (g) 30 % GDA
Total fat: 50.1 (g) 72 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 50.1 (g) 19 % GDA
Sugars: 5.7 (g) 7 % GDA
cooking: 20 minutes
total: 30 minutes
Download free PDF version (152 download).
Recipe for cocoa tagliatelle with light cream and walnuts
Preparation and cooking
- - Cook tagliatelle.
Bring to a boil abundant salted water and cook tagliatelle according to instructions on the package.
- - Prepare light-cream-and-walnuts sauce.
While you're cooking tagliatelle, you have to prepare pasta sauce.
Put all ingredients in a little saucepan, except chives.
Season to taste with salt.
Cook over a gentle flame for only a minute.
If your sauce isn't smooth, you can add some tablespoons of the hot water in which you are boiling tagliatelle.
Add chives once turned off your stove.
- - Drain tagliatelle very well.
Put drained tagliatelle again onto the pan.
Stir in your sauce.
Just before serving
- - Transfer tagliatelle you've just dressed in a large bowl or individual plates.
- - Serve at once.
- - If you want you can use toasted hazelnuts instead of walnuts.
- - More details on chocolate tagliatelle. This kind of dried pasta is made with all-purpose flour and cocoa powder. You find them in gourmet food shops easily. Choose good-quality pasta for the best result!
- - This pasta dish is very delicate and it is very difficult to choose other recipes for a full menu.
Here it is the menu (typical Italian menu) I planned when I created this tagliatelle recipe! Links to suggested recipes below!
Starter: I made pizza with spinach and salami and served it, cubed, accompanied by bubbles. You can pair it to all your menu. Read below to know what bubbles ;)
First course: chocolate tagliatelle topped with light-cream-and-walnut sauce.
Second course: braised beef
Dessert: pineapple-and-kiwi salad, a fruit salad of mine that is served directly inside pineapple
This is a perfect menu idea for a celebration, an anniversary or a birthday dinner party!
Useful links for this recipe
- - I begin with the link to fresh cocoa pasta how-to.
- - This is the recipe for salami and spinach pizza.
- - Braised beef is made according to the traditions of northern Italy.
- - Finally my dessert recipe: pineapple and kiwi fruit salad
- - This is a recipe very rich in fat and calories and so I make this dish very seldom. Follow my tip if you have an healthy eating plan.
- - This is a dish ideal for people who have tomato intolerance or allergy
What's the right wine for " Cocoa tagliatelle with light cream & walnuts "?
My husband and I suggest Italian bubbles: Prosecco di Conegliano Valdobbiadene (sparkling wine from Veneto)