Four cheeses pizza ( Pizza ai quattro formaggi )
time: about 40 minutes
calories: 686 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 4
- Pizza dough for 4 people
- For the topping
- 300 g (10 1/2 oz) puréed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz) mozzarella cheese
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz) fontina cheese
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz) gorgonzola cheese
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
35 % -
Protein: 29.9 (g) 60 % GDA
Total fat: 18.9 (g) 27 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 105.7 (g) 40 % GDA
Sugars: 11.1 (g) 13 % GDA
plus rising time
cooking: about 15-20 minutes
total time: about 40 minutes
Download free PDF version (153 download).
If you want, you can prepare pizza dough following our instructions but you can also buy ready dough. If you choose our version you have less fat and calories even if in this case ...
Nutrition facts are calculated with our version.
Prepare the dough and let it rise in a warm place.
Then divide the dough into four pieces and, on a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece. You can obtain the shape you want: rectangular or round. This amount of dough is enough for four 30 cm (12in) round baking sheets if you like crunchy pizza but if you prefer soft pizza use only two baking sheets.
Oil the baking sheets with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Transfer every portion of the dough to a baking sheet.
Prepare the tomato sauce: dress the puréed tomatoes with the remaining olive oil and chives; season to taste with salt and stir. Spread the tomato sauce to within 1/2 inch (1,2 cm) of the rim. Allow to rise about 20 minutes in a warm place.
Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Cube all the cheese varieties, arrange them on the surface and sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Bake your pizza for about 15-20 minutes. Let all the cheese melt very well and the dough be well cooked.
Cooking times are indicative; everyone can adjust them to his oven.
Serve hot or warm.
- - The quantity of the cheese is indicative. Choose the right quantity according to your taste and choose the cheese you prefer. The most important thing is the cheese must be mild.
- - If you don’t like tomatoes, you can make this pizza in the white version. In this case arrange the cheese cubes directly on the pizza dough with no tomato sauce.
- - You can use grated Parmesan but you have a second chance: arrange some slivers of this cheese on your pizza surface at the end of cooking just before serving it.
- - Sprinkle some pepper on the surface if you like it.
- - If you want to prepare a perfect pizza dough follow our step-by-step instructions.