Pizza with bell peppers and quail eggs
Pizza con peperoni e uova di quaglia
Our original home cooking
This pizza with sweet peppers and quail eggs is really good but you have to choose its ingredients very carefully, especially the peppers. I made several attempts and obtained the best pizza with the pointed sweet pepper variety. They have a thinner pericarp than common sweet peppers. Despite the presence of peppers I assure you it's quite delicate and different from usual.
time: 1 h 30 minutes
calories: 975 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 2 servings pizza dough
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) pointed red sweet peppers
- 8 quail eggs
- 400g (14 ounces) pureed tomatoes
- 125g (4.4 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 250g (8.8 ounces) leeks
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 15g (1/2 ounce) all-purpose flour
- medium difficulty
- Time: preparation: 45 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
49 % -
Protein: 37.4 (g) 75 % GDA
Total fat: 46.2 (g) 67 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 105.1 (g) 39 % GDA
Sugars: 17.6 (g) 20 % GDA
plus leavening time
cooking: 45 minutes
total: 1 h 30 minutes
Download free PDF version (141 download).
Recipe for pizza with sweet peppers and quail eggs
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare pizza dough.
In this case I've the habit to prepare pizza dough with emmer flour. I work 200g (7 ounces) wholemeal emmer flour with 50g (1 3/4 ounce) all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, salt and emmer sourdough. You can follow step-by-step instructions for kamut pizza, they are similar. The only thing that may change is the amount of warm water as the two flours are different.
Obviously you can make your favorite pizza dough or choose a pizza dough among my proposals in pizza page.
- - Prepare pizza dough and let it at least double in a warm place.
- - Meanwhile prepare sweet peppers.
Clean and chop leeks.
Place them in a non-stick frying pan with 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
Eliminate the top from your sweet peppers.
Try to remove all their seeds without cutting them.
Rinse and dry.
Cut into thin slices and add them to the pan with leeks.
Fry all on very low heat, stirring frequently, until your peppers are tender.
Season to taste with salt and stir.
- - Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Grease two round pans (30cm diameter) with 2 teaspoons olive oil and flour lightly.
- - Roll out the dough into two portions on a lightly floured surface and transfer them in the pans.
- - Prepare the tomato sauce.
Pour the pureed tomatoes in a bowl and add the remaining olive oil, chives and salt.
- - Spoon the tomato sauce on the top of your pizzas.
Distribute the pepper-and-leek mixture too.
Bake for less than 15 minutes.
- - Remove your pans from the oven.
Shell your quail eggs on pizzas and put the pans in the oven again for a couple of minutes.
- - Meanwhile grate the mozzarella cheese.
- - Remove your pans from the oven and distribute your grated mozzarella.
- - Bake until you can see mozzarella is well melted.
It takes less than five minutes generally.
Just before serving
- - Remove the pans from the oven.
- - Transfer the two pizzas on serving plates.
- - Serve your pizzas still hot.
- - I tried to do this kind of pizza with sweet peppers with fleshy pericarp but the results were not satisfactory according to my taste. Even when I'd cut sweet peppers into little cubes. Of course it all depends on personal taste.
- - If you choose hen eggs use one of them for every pizza.
Cooking times for eggs, however, are significantly different and therefore you should definitely anticipate to add your eggs.
- - The pizzas you get following my directions are low and crunchy.
- - Pizza is generally a tasty one-plate meal.
It's a good idea to accompany pizza with a seasonal green salad to increase the fiber amount and lower the glycemic peak.
- - Pizza is almost always a hypercaloric and high fat dish.
When you plan the remaining day menu you have to think of it. Choose fruit and vegetables with low seasoning.
- - Fiber per serving: 15.8 grams.
What's the right wine for " Pizza with bell peppers and quail eggs "?
My husband and I generally pair an unfiltered lager with this pizza.