Boiled ham & peas sauce
Sugo prosciutto cotto e piselli
Our original home cooking
time: 15 - 20 minutes
calories: 329 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 300 g (10 1/2oz) puréed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons dried extra herbs and parsley
- 1 200 g (7oz) can peas
- 80 g (3oz) cooked ham, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100 ml (4 fl oz - 1/2C) dry white wine
- easy recipe
- Time: 15 - 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
17 % -
Protein: 14.1 (g) 29 % GDA
Total fat: 25.3 (g) 37 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 12.3 (g) 5 % GDA
Sugars: 7.2 (g) 8 % GDA
Download free PDF version (213 download).
This sauce is very simple and can be prepared meanwhile you are cooking pasta.
In a saucepan add the puréed tomatoes, wine, salt and all the aromatic herbs.
Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes; then add peas.
Keep cooking, stirring, until the sauce thickens. The cooked ham can be added at the last minute.
If you cook pasta al dente, you can season it in the saucepan, directly over the flame.
Switch off the gas and add the olive oil. Stir; your pasta is ready!
We suggest fresh egg pasta.