Sauce with little meatballs, asparagus and peas
Sugo con polpettine, asparagi e piselli
Our original home cooking
time: preparation: 45 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
calories: 220 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 12
- For the little meat balls
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) minced veal
- 120g (4 1/4 ounces) Italian "mortadella", in a thick slice
- 1 egg
- Plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- For the sauce
- 450g (1 pound) frozen asparagus
- 450g (1 pound) frozen peas
- 500ml (1 pint- 2 cups) canned puréed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 teaspoons dried bay leaf
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 200ml (6 3/4 fluid ounces - 1/2 plus 1/3 cup) dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- medium difficulty
- Time: preparation: 45 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
11 % -
Protein: 10.6 (g) 22 % GDA
Total fat: 13.5 (g) 20 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 8.5 (g) 4 % GDA
Sugars: 3.1 (g) 4 % GDA
cooking: 30 minutes
Download free PDF version (155 download).
Prepare little meatballs. Chop mortadella finely; mix it with egg, minced veal and dried herbs. Add breadcrumbs slowly,
mixing all the ingredients with your fingers (keep them always moistened) until you obtain a soft mixture; meanwhile season to
taste with salt. Roll your mixture into very little balls. Arrange them in a deep frying saucepan with olive oil; brown them on all
sides on a low flame. Remove them from the saucepan and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper. Put them aside.
Prepare pasta sauce. Cut asparagus into little pieces and put them in a large saucepan together with wine, puréed tomatoes, peas, dried herbs and a little water. Season to taste with salt and cook on a light flame, half-covered, stirring occasionally; add little meatballs few minutes before the sauce is well reduced. Add olive oil and stir only when you turn off the stove.
This sauce is one of the best dressings for egg pasta, baked lasagna or timbales but you can season every type of dry pasta too.
The doses are enough for about 2,2 lb pasta.