Brussel sprout simple side dish ( Cavolini di Bruxelles schiacciati)
Our original home cooking
My husband and I are used to eat a lot of brussel sprouts, especially in winter when they are in season. But I cook them all year round because I buy frozen brussel sprouts too. They are good according to me and so healthy to try to eat them whenever it is possible. Do you agree? :))
time: 30 minutes
calories: 174 (kCal)
Ingre dients / Serves 2
- 450g (1 pound) frozen brussel sprouts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 5 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
9 % -
Protein: 9,6 (g) 18 % GDA
Total fat: 11,1 (g) 16 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 9,6 (g) 4 % GDA
Sugars: 7,5 (g) 8 % GDA
cooking: 20 to 25 minutes
total: 30 minutes
Download free PDF version (45 download).
Simple to do brussel sprout recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Steam brussel sprouts until tender.
- - When still hot, crush them with a fork on a platter.
Transfer pureed brussel sprouts together with olive oil and rosemary into a non-stick frying pan.
Season to taste with salt.
- - Let them cook, on medium heat, stirring often, until any cooking juice is well reduced.
Just before serving
- - Serve this side dish still hot.
- - I have never had leftovers and so I can't say if this side dish is good when heated up.
- - If you use fresh brussel sprouts, remember to buy 600g (1 1/3 pounds) of these vegetables.
- - Generally, I prepare brussel sprouts this way as side dish for meat and fish without any sauce, especially tomato sauce.
- - I point out the high amount of fiber of this dish. 11.4 grams, about one-third of the daily requirement. My husband and I always abound with vegetables. So we can reduce the portion of meat or fish. Our health gains a lot but our wallet and the environment too ;))