French beans with anchovies ( Fagiolini alle acciughe )
Our original home cooking
time: a few minutes
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 600 g (21oz) French beans
- 2 tablespoons anchovies in oil, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 g (3/4oz) butter
- Bunch of parsley
- easy recipe
- Time: a few minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Download free PDF version (113 download).
Trim the ends of the French beans, pulling off any strings. Wash them and steam lightly (3-5 minutes). Cooking time depends on their size but remember
that this recipe needs another cooking step. Drain and run under cold water in order to stop cooking.
In a saucepan put the butter, olive oil and anchovies; cook over a very gentle heat until anchovies are dissolved. Add the French beans, stirring gently; cook for a few minutes and season with salt. At last add the fresh parsley, finely chopped (1/2 tablespoon).
- - You can add a clove of garlic, if you like.
- - For a light food you can substitute the butter with 4 tablespoons olive oil.