Assorted vegetable salad with mayonnaise ( Insalata mista con maionese alle erbe )
Our original home cooking
This salad is typically autumnal due to the presence of chicory, cabbage and apples but at the same time requires some summer products like cucumber. You can season it with mayonnaise but also simply and in a more healthy way with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice (in this case is perfect for the Mediterranean diet). Vegetarian recipe.
time: 30 minutes
calories: 95 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 400g (14 ounces) lettuce
- 80g (2.8 ounces) white celery stalks
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) red chicory from Treviso
- 150g (5.3 ounces) white cabbage
- 100g (3.5 ounces) fresh young onions
- 1 100g (3.5 ounces) cucumber
- 1 80g (2.8 ounces) carrot
- 1 200g (7 ounces) apple
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Some leaves basil
- Some leaves mint
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
5 % -
Protein: 2.4 (g) 5 % GDA
Total fat: 6.0 (g) 9 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 8.3 (g) 4 % GDA
Sugars: 8.2 (g) 10 % GDA
cooking: not required
total: 30 minutes
Download free PDF version (35 download).
Assorted vegetable salad recipe
- - Clean and wash lettuce, red chicory and white cabbage leaves.
Pat dry them and cut red chicory and white cabbage into thin strips.
Lettuce leaves are to be cut into bigger pieces, by hand if possible.
- - Peel cucumber and slice it finely.
- - Peel and chop onions.
- - Clean, wash, pat dry and slice celery stalks.
- - Peel and cut carrot.
- - Wash basil and mint leaves. Pat dry and chop them with a ceramic mincing knife to avoid oxidation processes.
- - Peel and slice apple. It must be your last step to avoid color change.
- - Place all your ingredients in a great bowl.
Add mayonnaise and stir with delicacy.
Just before serving
- - Your vegetable salad is ready to serve.
- - In some cases it happened to me to prepare this salad in abundance. Stored in a refrigerator, properly covered, you can safely eat it the next day.
- - If you do not want to use mayonnaise, you can toss this salad with the same amount of extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice according to your own taste.
- - Prepare this assorted salad when you have guests and serve it as side dish to accompany fish or meat cooked in a simple way and without excessive sauces.
- - Or choose this salad for your vegetarian family dinners in the late summer and early autumn. It is the best time because there are freshly picked apples that have an intense aroma.
- - If you want, you can prepare this assorted salad as one-plate meal for your vegetarian family menu. Accompany it with a portion of bread (50g - 1.8 ounces) and complete your mealwith seasonal fruit. Below the nutrition facts per serving.
energy: 322 kcal (1349 kJ)
total fat: 12.4g
total carbohydrate: 46.4g
- - Fiber per serving: 3.5 grams