Sweet pepper and fennel salad ( Insalata mista di finocchi, olive e peperoni )
Our original home cooking
October is the right month for this tasty and easy to make salad. It can also be a good idea for your lunch box. How about? lunch break sees an increasing number of people that bring to the office something good and easy to digest made at home. Below, you can find how to complete this recipe for your lunch box with calories too. Recipe for the Mediterranean diet.
time: 20 minutes
calories: 131 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 250g (8.8 ounces) fleshy, red and yellow sweet peppers
- 1 250g (8.8 ounces) fennel bulb
- 40g (1.4 ounces) black olives, stoned
- 40g (1.4 ounces) green olives, stoned
- 50g (1.8 ounces) canned artichokes, in brine
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 fillets anchovies in oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
7 % -
Protein: 2.9 (g) 6 % GDA
Total fat: 11.9 (g) 17 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 3.2 (g) 2 % GDA
Sugars: 3.1 (g) 4 % GDA
cooking: not required
total: 20 minutes
Download free PDF version (31 download).
Sweet pepper and fennel salad recipe
- - Drain artichokes very well and slice them.
- - Clean and wash sweet peppers and fennel bulb.
- - Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- - Take a large bowl.
Cut in sweet peppers and fennel bulb.
Look at the photo for more details.
- - Add olives and artichokes.
- - Prepare salad dressing.
Mix olive oil, anchovies cut into little pieces, aromatic herbs and a pinch of salt.
- - Dress your salad and season to taste with salt, if necessary.
Stir very well, with delicacy.
Just before serving
- - Your salad is ready but my tip is to wait ten minutes before serving it.
- - If you do not add anchovies, this is a vegan recipe.
- - You can add some drops of balsamic vinegar to your salad dressing.
- - If you choose this recipe for your lunch box, take a look at healthy eating notes, below, in which I suggest how to complete your lunch. In any case it is a nutrient, low calorie, tasty recipe. Essential elements for the lunch break at work, right?
- - Swet pepper and fennel salad is also ideal for your family menu to accompany simple recipes made with meat or fish. I choose it willingly when I have to plan a dinner party too. I really like it as side dish of roast meat.
- - Fiber per serving: 2.5 grams.
- - This salad with peppers and fennel is not enough for a full meal. Combine a portion of bread (50g 1.8ounces), preferably wholemeal bread, and a seasonal fruit, for example an apple. Here are the nutrition facts (in brackets you can read the percentage compared to the dietary intakes for a 2000 calorie diet):
energy: 303 kcal -1269 kJ (15%)
protein: 7.4g (15%)
total fat: 12.9g (18%)
carbohydrates: 42.2g (16%)
sugar: 20.3g (23%)