Baked potatoes, in foil - Jacket potatoes
Patate al cartoccio
Potatoes baked in foil are an easy-to-do side dish. Doses for this recipe are per serving so you'll be able to calculate the right amount of the ingredients, depending on your needs. But, please, read healthy eating too!
time: 35 minutes
calories: 186 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 1
- 200g (7 ounces) potatoes
- Sheets of aluminum foil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Butter (if you like)
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 5 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
10 % -
Protein: 3.5 (g) 7 % GDA
Total fat: 6.7 (g) 10 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 30.0 (g) 12 % GDA
Sugars: 0.7 (g) 1 % GDA
cooking: 30 minutes
total time: 35 minutes
Download free PDF version (184 download).
Recipe for potatoes baked in foil - Jacket potatoes
Preparation and cooking
- - Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Wash potatoes, pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper and roll up in the right quantity of aluminum foil.
- - Bake, almost 30 minutes.
Control their cooking with a fork.
Just before serving
- - Once cooked, remove aluminum foil, halve them and dress with olive oil and salt.
Serve them at once. Potatoes baked in foil are good warm or hot.
- - Choose medium or small size potatoes so you do not have to increase their cooking time.
- - If you want, you can make some cuts on their surface when they're hot and put some butter inside; season to taste with salt.
- - Serve baked-in-foil potatoes as side dish of your meat or fish dishes. You can accompany them with sauces too.
- - I imagine that you have already taken a look at the table with calories, fat and sugar of baked-in-foil potatoes. I am convinced that no one of you expected such a high number of calories and my recipe is made very simply with olive oil as the only seasoning. Imagine the situation when, according to other versions, butter or cheese are added!
This potato dish is born as a simple side dish to accompany roast meat or fish or more elaborate dishes in full menus. If you want to add other ingredients, you should consider it as a main dish not a side dish.
- - Fiber per serving: 2.7 grams