Courgettes stuffed with cous cous ( Zucchine ripiene di cous cous )
Our original home cooking
time: preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 45 minutes
Ingredients / Serves 3
- 6 round courgettes
- 150 g (5 1/2 oz) cous cous
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200 ml (7 fl oz - 3/4 C) white wine
- 200 ml (7 fl oz - 3/4 C) puréed tomatoes
- 1 little young onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- Fresh basil
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
cooking: 45 minutes
Download free PDF version (168 download).
Trim the upper end and wash courgettes very well. Using a small sharp knife, hollow out your courgettes; at the end you can remove
better the flesh with a little spoon. You have to leave a 0,5 cm (1/4in) border. Steam your courgettes for about 5 minutes.
Be careful they don't become too soft! Overturn them on a large dish and let them cool and dry.
Prepare a sauce with puréed tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, half the wine, aromatic herbs (put apart some basil leaves for garnishing) and onion. Don't fry lightly! Add all the ingredients together, season to taste with salt and cook over a medium heat until sauce is well retired.
Meanwhile you have to prepare cous cous following the instructions on the package. Mix cous cous with tomato sauce, stirring very well.
Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Salt courgettes inside and stuff them with cous cous mixed with tomato sauce. Arrange them in a baking pan, add the remaining olive oil and wine and bake for about 30 minutes. Remember to baste courgettes with cooking juice now and then
Garnish with basil leaves that you' ve put apart and serve immediately.
- - This dish can be accompanied with a seasonal salad.
- - You may have some filling left. There is no problem: warm up it with a bit of water and serve it together with courgettes.
What's the right wine for " Courgettes stuffed with cous cous "?
Our suggestion is: Regaleali Bianco (white wine from Sicily).