Wicker pannier decorated for Holiday season: new home decorating ideas
Pannier is a wicker or wood basket, usually a truncated cone (reversed and open above), which was used to transport various materials especially in the mountains. My husband and I found one in a store that sells wickerwork and I thought I'd decorate it for Christmas. Very simple job, to do with children too. Hang it underneath the porch, between two doors as you can see on the photo.
- Gerla, an Italian pannier
- Pine branches
- Artificial autumn leaves
- Artificial apples
- Branches with winter berries
- Silk flowers suitable for winter or Holiday season
- Silk poinsettias
- A pair of shears
How to decorate a wicker pannier for Holiday Season
- First of all you have to find and buy such a basket.
- It's very easy to decorate a pannier.
- The only thing that is necessary to do is to shorten branches of all items according to the length of your pannier.
- Look at the photo for more details. Click on the image to enlarge.
- Obviously this is only a proposal.
Choose the material that you think the best to fill it.
Even old recycled decorations.
- If line your basket with clear plastic and put a sponge used by florists for flower arrangements on the bottom you can also add fresh tree branches and flowers. The result will surely be better.