King prawns salad with black truffle
Prawn-and-potato salad with black truffle Our original home cooking
Prawn, potato and black truffle salad. Easy-to-do recipe but assured goodness. Ideal for your formal invitations because easy to serve and eat. Great for your meals, buffet-style in all seasons. Fantastic for your Christmas menu, Italian-style if you are looking for something special.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 400g (14 ounces) potatoes
- 400g (14 ounces) king prawns
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 3 tablespoons grated black truffles in oil
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
total: 50 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 327 (kcal) 17 % GDA (*)- 1368 (kJ)
Protein: 21.9 (g) 44 % GDA
Total fat: 12.5 (g) 18 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 33.8 (g) 13 % GDA
Sugars: 4.6 (g) 6 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (64 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for prawn, potato and black truffle salad
Preparation and cooking
- - Steam potatoes, peel them and dice.
- - Prepare king prawns. Cook them in boiling salt water for 2-3 minutes, drain and remove their shells and heads.
- - Put potatoes and king prawns in a bowl; dress them with chives and olive oil.
- - Season to taste with salt.
Stir with delicacy.
Just before serving
- - Add truffles in oil, at room temperature, just before serving.
- - Stir and serve.
- - I tasted this recipe both with winter and summer truffle. The summer truffle is cheaper than winter truffle. You have the best result with Tuber melanosporum (winter truffle) but this recipe is tasty with Tuber aestivum (summer truffle) too.
- - How much black truffle to buy? I suggest you not to buy too little truffles: a medium-size truffle goes further then few little truffles. Remember that with 150g (5 1/3 ounces) of fresh truffle I made: an omelette for two people, this recipe, risotto with chicken, potatoes and truffles, carbonara pasta and roast rabbit. Plan different recipes in a week (holiday season is perfect) and buy at least 100g (3 1/2 ounces) of black truffle.
- - You can make this recipe all year round.
- - Choose frozen or fresh king prawns.
- - What about a special fish menu with this dish?
Starter: a fruit-flavoured cocktail to match to little pizzas, go on with grilled scallops.
First course: choose between egg fettuccine with caviar or tagliatelle with smoked sturgeon.
Second course: at this point serve this salad. The following dish could be baked salmon or grouper fillets with citrus fruit. Accompany the second course with a green salad. Choose a good white wine for all meal. Links to all recipes below!
Dessert: Italian panettone :))
Useful links for this recipe
- - You can find in this page how to clean, grate and preserve fresh truffles in oil. If you buy black truffles preserved in jars, I suggest to open their jars the day before, pat dry truffles with kitchen papers and let them dry overnight. At this point you can grate them and cover with olive oil. Chill truffles in oil until using.
My husband and I have the habit to buy truffles via Internet. our point of reference is ItaliaTartufi. Good-quality product and fairness in the delivery!
- - Here are the recipes I mentioned in the previous paragraphs for my menu idea!
First courses: egg fettuccine with caviar and tagliatelle dressed with smoked sturgeon sauce
Fish dishes: baked salmon and citrus-flavored grouper fillets
- - Then I want to remember you my risotto with chicken, potaoes and black truffle.
- - The last tip. Where to buy black truffles? Generally, my husband and I buy them on the Internet. Here's our favorite website: ItaliaTartufi
- - I suggest this dish for your special occasions. First of all for truffle cost. Then there is always to consider the richness in cholesterol of prawns.
- - Fiber per serving: 2,7 grams.
What's the right wine for " Prawn-and-potato salad with black truffle "?
Ideal a white wine, a Chardonnay with buttery and fat aftertaste. You can also choose Muller Thurgau.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1