Tartine cinghiale e patè
Wild boar salami and paté canapés Our original home cooking
Canapés (in Italian tartine) with wild boar salami and paté on the top is an elegant way to prepare canapés for a special occasion. For example, they are an excellent solution to start your Christmas, birthday, anniversary menus or for a cocktail party or a meal, buffet-style. You can read recipe directions, menu ideas, calories, paired wine, useful links and more details below.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 25 round crackers or 20 Tuc pieces
- 20g (3/4 ounce) unsalted butter
- 40g (1 1/2 ounce) paté de foie gras with black truffles
- 1 40g (1 1/2 ounce) wild boar salami in oil
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: not required
total: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 302 (kcal) 16 % GDA (*)- 1262 (kJ)
Protein: 6.7 (g) 14 % GDA
Total fat: 25.0 (g) 36 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 12.1 (g) 5 % GDA
Sugars: n.c. (g)
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (125 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for canapés with wild boar salami and paté
- - Butter all your crackers.
- - Spread paté on half of them.
Garnish with green peas (or quail eggs, green olives, little pieces of peppers in oil ...) and mayonnaise.
- - Put a little slice of wild boar salami over remaining crackers.
Garnish with mayonnaise.
Just before serving
- - Arrange all your canapés on a serving platter.
- - Your canapés are ready to serve.
- - Do not prepare your canapés well in advance.
The mayonnaise is altered rapidly. Okay half hour before.
- - You can also use sliced bread to make these canapés.
- - These canapés (tartine) are fantastic in a full menu, Italian style based on meat dishes. Serve them to your guests, paired with the cocktail suggested below, waiting for the first course, before they seat at the table.
- - These canapés are perfect for a meal, buffet-style, a cocktail party too.
Useful links for this recipe
- - If you're looking for other tidbits to combine with these canapes, you could also consult our directories on crostini, finger food and Italian antipasto ideas.
- - Follow the link to our international cocktails and fruit cocktails of my own creation to find more ideas than the one suggested below.
- - Have a look at our themed dinner menus if you are any doubt about an Italian-style menu. Here you can find Christmas menu ideas too and more on.
- - In the nutrition facts I considered only the ingredients listed above.
- - Besides I couldn't calculated sugars for the absence of their amount in the labels.
What's the right cocktail?
According to our taste my husband and I generally pair Red Heart, a cocktail of my own creation that we like very much with these canapés.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1