Tartine con spuma di mortadella
Canapés with mortadella mousse Our original home cooking
Mortadella mousse is a traditional recipe of Bologna and Emilia-Romagna. So if you go to Bologna you can find mortadella mousse in a lot of menu cards as a starter. One day Carlo and I wanted to make unusual canapés, so we prepared mortadella mousse and spread it on sliced bread. It was a successful idea. Now we can show you a new recipe for your appetizers. Below useful links to quoted recipes too.
Ingredients / Serves 10
- Mortadella mousse in the amount of our recipe
- 16 bread slices
- Little artichokes in oil, olives ... for garnishing
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: no required
total: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 208 (kcal) 11 % GDA (*)- 869 (kJ)
Protein: 8.4 (g) 17 % GDA
Total fat: 13.1 (g) 19 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 14.2 (g) 6 % GDA
Sugars: 2.8 (g) 4 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (145 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for canapés with mortadella mousse
- - Remove the crust from sliced bread with a sharp but not serrated knife.
- - Halve every slice to have triangles.
- - Put a little of mortadella mousse in a pastry bag.
- - Spread some mortadella mousse uniformly on every triangle with a knife.
- - Prepare what you prefer to garnish.
- - Guarnish the edge with your pastry bag as you can see on the photo.
- - Just before serving your canapés arrange your artichokes or olives on the top.
- - Your Italian canapés are ready!
- - You can prepare this mortadella mousse the day before.
- - Prepare these canapés 1 hour ahead.
But it's better to garnish your canapés just before serving.
- - You can prepare 30 to 35 canapes with the amount you have, following our recipe of mortadella mousse. It serves 10.
- - These canapés with mortadella mousse are delicious and ideal for a special event.
- - Choose these canapés for a menu with meat. Serve them as starter accompanied by ham or stuffed vegetables such as our stuffed zucchini with couscous. In these case two canapés are enough for every guest.
- - I suggest you these canapes for a meal, buffet-style too.
- - Do you know happy hour? It's the name by which we Italian call that pleasant moment of the evening when, finished working, we enjoy a glass of good wine or cocktail with a lot of tidbits, possibly with friends :)) These canapes are perfect!
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here's the recipe for mortadella mousse.
- - Another link you could find useful is stuffed zucchini with couscous. But have a look to vegetable directory too to look for other stuffed vegetable recipe ideas.
- - These canapés are finger food for a special event not for your daily menu.
- - Obviously this starter has very few fiber (only 1.1g while the daily intake shoud be 30g).
What's the right wine for " Canapés with mortadella mousse "?
Match Lambrusco di Sorbara (red wine of Emilia-Romagna - Italy) with these canapés as Carlo and I made that evening. We knew our guests liked this wine very much and so we decided the menu to match their favorite wine. You can also plan a good menu around the wine and not vice versa ;)))
Interested in other wines or recipes from Emilia Romagna? follow the link to our page dedicated non only to food and wine but also to the reviews of restaurants in Bologna, Ferrara and other cities where my husband and I ate.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1