Tartine assortite con pane di segale
Assorted canapés with rye bread Our original home cooking
Rye bread isn't typically an ingredient for making canapés. Most people prefer sliced bread, ritz ... But I assure you that rye bread may also be perfect with the right topping. If you know that among your guests there is any lover of grain products, prepare some "different" canapés following my suggestions. And if you have some other interesting ideas share them with us! Mediterranean diet recipe.
- Rye bread, sliced
- Sun dried tomato paté
- Swordfish pate
- Sweet and sour onions
preparation: 10 minutes for 20 canapes
cooking: no cooking
total: 10 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: n.c. (kcal) - n.c. (kJ)
Protein: n.c. (g)
Total fat: n.c. (g)
Total carbohydrate: n.c. (g)
Sugars: n.c. (g)
Download free PDF version (76 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for assorted canapes with rye bread
- - Cut every slice of rye bread into 4 parts.
Spoon the pate you've chosen.
Arrange your canapes on serving platter.
Just before serving
- - Your assorted canapes are ready!
- - Among the various attempts that I made there are some very good solutions that even my guests not particularly inclined to special flours have appreciated a lot. I list them:
Sweet and sour onions with raisins. I used onions produced by Paolo Licata (Villa Reale). My husband and I knew these Sicilian products in food and wine fairs around Italy and usually buy them. But if you know the recipe for this kind of onions you can use it safely for these canapes.
Swordfish pate. I spooned swordfish pate by Paolo Licata. You can read about it on this page. But I think you can obtain a similar product blending smoked swordfish together with olive oil.
Another good choice is sun dried tomato pate. There are many good-quality products on the market. Choose what you prefer.
- - In any case you'll need strong or very intense and smelling flavors like sweet and sour onions to make your canapes may be appreciated.
- - Prepare these canapes 1 hour ahead.
- - Prepare these canapes for your aperitivo or cocktail party. Pair a full-bodied cocktail or rosé sangria. They are very tasty combined with skewers with baby pineapple and speck ham.
Useful links for this recipe
- - I begin with my rosé sangria and international cocktail directory.
- - Here's the recipe for skewers with baby pineapple and speck ham.
What's the right wine for " Assorted canapés with rye bread "?
My husband and I generally choose the wine or cocktail to pair according to the other courses too but in this case we have a preference for rosé sangria as I've just written. I recommend you not to choose a fruit cocktail with sparkling wine :))
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1