Torta salata autunnale
Autumnal savory tart Our original home cooking
This is a savory tart you can make in fall when head cabbage and mushrooms, the main ingredients, are in season. It's ideal for your family menu and get-togethers.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- Pizza dough or 1 200 to 250g (7 to 8 3/4 ounces) pkt ready rolled pie crust
- 400g (14 ounces) potatoes
- 400g (14 ounces) head cabbage
- 500g (1.1 pound) fresh mushrooms
- 30g (1 ounce) fresh young onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) puréed tomatoes
- 150g (5 1/3 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 60 minutes
total: 1 hour 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 552 (kcal) 28 % GDA (*)- 2310 (kJ)
Protein: 23.2 (g) 47 % GDA
Total fat: 21.5 (g) 31 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 70.9 (g) 27 % GDA
Sugars: 6.2 (g) 7 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (143 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Autumnal savory tart recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare pizza dough following our instructions (half dose) or according to your recipe (you need 250g of all-purpose flour). Link to our recipe below.
- - Prepare other ingredients.
While pizza dough is leavening, clean and wash head cabbage and then steam it until tender. Let it cool and then cut it into thin strips.
Peel and dice potatoes. Saute them in 2 teaspoons of olive oil on a very low heat, stirring them frequently, until tender. Season to taste with salt and turn off the stove.
Clean and cut mushrooms. Saute onion in 2 teaspoons of olive oil, add mushrooms, aromatic herbs, puréed tomatoes and a ladle of hot water. Season to taste with salt. Cook on medium heat, half-covered, stirring now and then, until tender, about 15 minutes. Add other hot water only if necessary. Anyway cooking juice must be well reduced. Stir very well, season to taste with salt and turn off the stove.
- - Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Grease a rectangular deep baking pan (35x28cm - 14"x11") with remaining oil and sprinkle it with flour.
Roll out pizza dough into a rectangular shape on a lightly floured surface and line baking pan with it.
Prick dough with a fork and spoon in filling.
Level its surface and bake, about 15 minutes.
- - Meanwhile cube mozzarella cheese.
Arrange mozzarella pieces on the top and bake, about 5 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Serve your tart warm.
- - Use the fresh mushrooms you prefer for this recipe.
- - For a quicker recipe use frozen mushrooms (450g - 1 pound) and, eventually, 1 200 to 250g (7 to 8 3/4 ounces) pkt ready rolled pie crust.
- - You can bake your savory tart for 15 minutes and then complete the cooking just before serving it. In this case add mozzarella pieces and bake for more then 5 minutes.
- - This recipe serves 2 if it is one-plate meal, combined with a seasonal green salad.
It serves 4 if combined with other courses (roast meat or fish); in this case it substitutes the side dish and bread.
Serve it, cut into pieces, as appetizers or finger food. In this case it serves more people.
Useful links for this recipe
- - You could be interested in more details about fresh mushrooms and their use in cooking.
- - Here's the recipe for pizza dough with fresh yeast
What's the right wine for " Autumnal savory tart "?
My husband and I like Grignolino d'Asti (red wine from Piedmont) to pair to this fall tart. Serve it at 13-14°C
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 2