Torta salata con finocchi
Savory tart with fennel and tune Our original home cooking
This pie combines fennel, tuna and mozzarella and it's my own recipe. Tasty and innovative according to people who tasted it. The fact is that my husband and I often do it in fall and winter when fennels are fragrant. It is a good choice for a lot of different occasions, from family menu to your invitations.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- Pizza dough or 1 200 to 250g (7 to 8.8 ounces) pkt ready rolled pie crust
- 600g (1.3 pound) fennels
- 30g (1 ounce) shallot, finely chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- 2 tablespoons capers in vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 160g (5.6 ounces) cans tuna in oil
- 125g (4.4 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 50 minutes
total: 1 hour 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 542 (kcal) 28 % GDA (*)- 2267 (kJ)
Protein: 29.4 (g) 59 % GDA
Total fat: 26.3 (g) 38 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 50.0 (g) 19 % GDA
Sugars: 2.6 (g) 3 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (106 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for savory tart with fennel and tuna in oil
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare pizza dough following our recipe or your favorite one but remember the dose of all-purpose flour must be 250g (8.8 ounces).
- - While pizza dough is leavening ...
... clean, wash and steam fennels until tender.
Let them cool and then cut into slices.
- - Prepare tart filling.
Saute shallot in 1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
Add fennel, anchovies and capers.
Season to taste with salt and continue cooking, about 15 minutes, stirring often, to flavour all the ingredients and reduce well all cooking juice.
Turn off the stove and add aromatics too.
Let your mixture cool and then purée it through a vegetable mill adding also tuna, well drained from its preserving oil.
- - Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Bake your tart.
Grease a rectangular deep baking pan (35x28 cm - 14"x11") with remaining oil and sprinkle it with flour.
Roll out pizza dough into a rectangular shape on a lightly floured surface and line your baking pan with it.
Prick dough with a fork and spoon in all filling.
Level its surface and bake, about 15 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Remove your baking pan from oven.
Meanwhile grate mozzarella cheese.
Arrange grated mozzarella on the top and bake for other 5 minutes.
Let your tart rest, at least 5 minutes.
Serve it warm or cold.
- - Savory tart with fennel and tuna can be served to kids too. It's cool for them.
- - Have you some pieces left? Rewarm them the day after. They taste fantastic!
- - Prepare my savory tart for your family menu but read also my tips in "Healthy Eating", below.
- - Serve this fennel-and-tuna tart in a meal, buffet-style too! In fact it's also a typical finger food. You can cut this savoury dish into small pieces and serve them cold.
Useful link for this recipe
- - Here's the recipe for pizza dough with fresh yeast but if you want to consult other recipes with different yeasts and flours I suggest you to read our directory for pizza.
- - Family menu. Serve this savoury tart after a vegetable or creamy soup. Complete your meal with fresh fruit.
My tip is not to prepare it for your family menu too often ... have you see calories?
What's the right wine for " Savory tart with fennel and tune "?
What about a beer, such as Lager beer?
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1