Torta salata con zucchine a sorpresa
Savory tart with zucchini (courgettes) Our original home cooking
This savory tart with courgette hides a thin layer of salami. It is a delicious recipe which will delight your guests. Among other things, it is very quick to do because you can safely use ready-to-bake pastry crust. Excellent solution when you have guests, is not it?
Ingredients / Serves 8
- 1 200 to 250 g (7 to 8 3/4 ounces) pkt ready rolled pie crust
- 800g (1 3/4 pound) zucchini (courgettes), grated
- 150g (5 1/3 ounces) fresh salami
- 50 g ( 1 3/4oz) young fresh onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 125g (4,4 ounces) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: about 50 minutes
total: 1 hour 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 245 (kcal) 13 % GDA (*)- 1025 (kJ)
Protein: 8.4 (g) 17 % GDA
Total fat: 16.5 (g) 24 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 15.5 (g) 6 % GDA
Sugars: 2.3 (g) 3 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (131 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for zucchini-and-salami tart
Preparation and cooking
- - Sauté zucchini (courgettes) in olive oil on medium heat together with onion and a pinch of salt, stirring frequently.
Use a non-stick frying pan.
Once turned off the stove, add aromatic herbs.
Let zucchini (courgettes) cool and then add more than half mozzarella cheese. Stir very well.
- - Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- - Put pie crust on a baking sheet. Use the paper of the package, on the contrary you have to oil the baking sheet.
Spread fresh salami on its bottom.
Then spoon zucchini (courgettes) uniformly.
Level the surface, refold all excess of dough over tart surface and cook, about 15-20 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Remove baking sheet from the oven, sprinkle tart surface with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake, other 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- - Serve zucchini-and-salami tart warm.
- - If you have any slices left you can re-warm them and eat the day after. It tastes fantastic!
- - You can also prepare a pizza dough that substitutes pie crust. Follow my istructions and prepare pizza dough with 250g (8 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour. Link below.
- - A very tasty dish for one-plate meal! But you can serve it cut into slices among other appetizers for an assorted antipasto platter.
- - This tart can serve different number of people. It serves at least 12 if cut into slices and combined with other appetizers to begin a dinner party or arrange a buffet. It serves 2-3 if it is one-plate meal.
Useful links for this recipe
- - As promised here's the link for pizza dough recipe. If you want, you can consult our pizza directory to look for other recipes with different flours and yeasts.
What's the right wine for " Savory tart with zucchini (courgettes) "?
A dry sparkling wine or a young red wine is a perfect choice for this savory tart with zucchini and salami.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1