Torta salata bianca
Asparagus-ricotta-and-potato savory tart Our original home cooking
This savory tart is made with a typical spring vegetable, white asparagus. It 's very delicate and suitable for being served in different menus, including a meal, buffet-style for special occasions such as a ceremony. Asparagus is combined with potatoes and ricotta cheese. So this is a vegetarian recipe. Match a good glass of wine like Italian Pinot Grigio. We like Pinot Grigio DOC Lison Pramaggiore (Veneto).
Ingredients / Serves 4
- Pizza dough or 1 200-250g (7-8 ounces) pkt ready rolled pie crust
- 400g (14 ounces) potatoes
- 1kg (2.2 pounds) white asparagus
- 250g (8 1/2 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
preparation: 60 minutes
plus leavening time
cooking: about 60 minutes
total: 2 hours
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 486 (kcal) 25 % GDA (*)- 2032 (kJ)
Protein: 18.4 (g) 37 % GDA
Total fat: 15.7 (g) 23 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 72.2 (g) 27 % GDA
Sugars: 7.6 (g) 9 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (161 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Asparagus-ricotta-and-potato savory tart recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare pizza dough following my instructions (halve the doses) or according to your recipe (you need 250g - 8 3/4 ounces of all-purpose flour). Link below.
- - While your dough is leavening, prepare asparagus.
The bottom stem of the asparagus spread is tough and you have to discard it and use only its upper part.
Now you have to peel their stem with a potato peeler.
Then wash accurately them beneath cold running water.
Finally slice asparagus tips and put them apart.
Steam asparagus stems except their tips.
It's difficult to say how much time is necessary to cook them. Generally you need 15 minutes.
Let them cool and then blend in a food processor.
If you notice there are some filaments left you have to pass your mixture through a colander.
- - Steam potatoes and then puree them.
- - Pour your puree in a non-stick frying pan, add ricotta cheese, blended asparagus and chives.
Season to taste with salt.
Cook on low heat, for about 2 minutes to flavor all the ingredients, stirring now and then.
- - Preheat oven to 180 °C (350°F).
- - Grease a round baking pan with olive oil and sprinkle it with all-purpose flour.
- - Roll out your pizza dough into a round shape on a lightly floured surface (put apart a little to garnish your pie) and line the baking pan with it.
Put apart a small piece to garnish the top.
Prick with a fork your dough and spoon the filling you've prepared.
Level its surface, garnish it using the dough put apart and asparagus tips.
Look at our photo for more details.
- - Then bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the dough is golden.
Just before serving
- - Wait before serving your savory tart, about 5 minutes.
- - I used whole emmer flour to make the pizza dough when my husband took the photo.
But you can use all-purpose flour or the flour you prefer.
- - This savory tart can be a tasty recipe for kids who don't love vegetables.
- - Daily menu: combine this savory tart with raw or boiled vegetables or serve it after a seasonal soup.
- - Springtime celebration menu: this savory tart can be served, sliced or cut into little parts, in a buffet for a special event such as a Baptism or Communion if you want to plan a white menu.
Asparagus-ricotta-and-potato savory tart can also be a starter in a typical Italian menu. It's perfect sliced and accompanied by an assorted antipasto platter.
- - In both cases the doses are enough for more people.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Want to make pizza dough at home? here you can find pizza dough recipe with fresh yeast.
If you are pizza lovers you can find many other recipes for pizza dough with different flour an yeast in our pizza directory.
- - The savory tart is a good food choice because it is usually a complete single-course meal. In this case you find carbohydrates (pizza dough), vegetables (asparagus), the source of protein (ricotta cheese) and fat (olive oil and ricotta cheese). The only negative point about this recipe is the simultaneous presence of potato and flour. But keep in mind that it is a typical spring recipe so that it is consumed rarely.
- - The intake of fats, proteins and sugars of this recipe are under control. Calories are very close to those recommended for dinner or lunch. So prudence in adding other dishes. The best solution would be other seasonal vegetables or fresh fruit or a good vegetable soup to complete your dinner menu.
- - If you want to drink a glass of wine remember you have to add 80-85 calories per 100 ml.
- - I remember you my original home recipes can be made without salt; there is a combination of flavors that substitutes salt.
What's the right wine for " Asparagus-ricotta-and-potato savory tart "?
My husband Carlo and I usually match a glass of Pinot Grigio with this savory tart. We like very much Pinot Grigio DOC Lison Pramaggiore (white wine of Veneto) and particularly the Pinot Grigio produced by Le Carline firm. We knew its owner a summer during our stay at Caorle by chance and fell in love with his wines, all organic.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 2