Lonza di maiale con le mele
Pork loin with apples Our original home cooking
The pork loin with apples is a very easy tasty recipe, typical of autumn and winter. It can be prepared even at Christmas time because it is a meat dish suitable to lighten a meal often too high in fat. It is ideal for your Mediterranean diet because I use a few natural ingredients.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 800g (1 3/4 pounds) pork loin, in a piece
- 150g (5 1/3 ounces) shallots
- 60ml (2 fluid ounces) limoncello or arancino liqueur
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 600g (1 1/3 pounds) apples
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Half a lemon
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: 2 hours
total: 2 hour 15 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 370 (kcal) 19 % GDA (*)- 1549 (kJ)
Protein: 39.2 (g) 79 % GDA
Total fat: 13.8 (g) 20 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 15.6 (g) 6 % GDA
Sugars: 14.5 (g) 17 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (22 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Pork loin with apples recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Clean shallots and cut them into thick slices.
- - Put olive oil, rosemary, shallot slices and pork loin in a pan.
Fry slightly pork loin on all sides, on medium-high heat, without browning shallots.
Remember not to prick your meat with any fork. Help yourself with 2 wooden spoons.
Pour in liqueur and let it evaporate partially, turning your meat over.
Cover with boiling water, reduce heat and continue cooking, half-covered.
You need about 2 hours.
Turn your meat over, now and then.
- - Turn off the stove when you have still some cooking juice.
Season to taste with salt and let meat cool.
Just before serving
- - Cut pork loin into thick slices.
Let cooking juice bring to a boil.
Peel apples, cut into quarters and then halve every quarter.
Sometimes, sprinkle apple slices with lemon juice spruzzatele con succo di limone to prevent blackening.
Add meat and then apple slices into the pan.
Add a pinch of salt to apples, if necessary.
Let cooking juice reduce.
Serve pork loin slices accompanied by apples and topped with cooking juice. More detils in the photo.
Your dish must be still warm.
- - You can replace fresh rosemary with dried one.
- - The recipe for the pork loin with apples is very convenient when you have guests because it is quick to prepare and then requires little attention while cooking. Besides you can prepare it in advance.
- - You can prepare the pork loin with apples for your family menu (choose it for dinner) or for your invitations. In fact you can combine it to many starters and pasta or rice dishes.
It does not require a side dish in a full menu. If you choose it for your family dinner, you can add a rich seasonal salad to increase the amount of fiber that in this recipe derives only from apples.
- - If you want your pork loin with apples has fewer calories, the only thing to do is to reduce the serving. You'll have 6 servings (about 1 slice per head) and the nutritional values ill be as follows:
energy: 247 kcal (1032 kJ)
total fat: 9.2g
total carbohydrates 10.4g
- - Fiber per serving: 2.5 grams
What's the right wine for " Pork loin with apples "?
My husband and I suggest the Italian bubbles to match to pork loin with apples. Here's our favorite label: Prosecco di Conegliano Valdobbiadene Spumante. Enjoy it!
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1