Involtini facili facili
Simple beef rolls Our original home cooking
Beef-and-omelette rolls are easy-to-do, so easy that everybody can make them. Be careful to choose high-quality ingredients.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 200g (7 ounces) lean beef, cut into very thin slices
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 teaspoons aromatic olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Dry white wine
preparation: 20 minutes
total: 50 minutes
- Nutrition Facts (amount per serving):
Calories: 319 (kCal) 16 % GDA (*) - 1335 (kJ)
Protein: 25.3 (g) 34 % GDA
Total fat: 24.3 (g) 35 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 0.0 (g)
Sugars: 0.0 (g)
Beat the egg with a pinch of salt and the dried chives. Make an omelette with one tablespoon of olive oil.
Spread out the beef slices on the work surface. Season to taste with salt and brush their surface with the tablespoon of aromatic oil.
Cut the omelette into as many strips as the beef slices.
Put every omelette strip on the beef slice. Roll up and close with a toothpick as you can see in the photo.
Put the rolls and the remaining olive oil in a pan; let them fry lightly on all sides. Pour in a little of wine, cover with a lid and keep on cooking on low heat, turning now and then, until the meat is tender and the cooking juice is well retired. You need only few minutes for the meat slices are very thin.
- - You will need beef slices are very thin for a tasty dish.
- - Use a rosemary-flavoured oil or the oil you have from artichokes or bell peppers or truffle in oil for brushing the beef slices.
- - The filling of these beef rolls is very simple; if you like you can also use a pinch of grated Parmesan too.
- - Serve them as second course in a typical Italian-style dinner party with the accompaniment of roast potatoes or seasonal green salad or boiled vegetables.
What's the right wine for " Simple beef rolls " ?
Our suggestion is: Corvo rosso, an Italian red wine of Sicily