Arrotolato di tacchino in bianco
Rolled roast turkey breast filled with frankfurter and mushrooms Our original home cooking
This turkey roll is very tender, ideal for your family daily menu or a celebration menu. What about in Baptism or Holy Comunion menu? Both kids and adults like it. You will need: turkey breast, frankfurter, white mushrooms in oil, onion, chives, white wine and olive oil.
Ingredients / Serves 8
- 1kg (2.2 pounds) turkey breast in a large slice
- 90g (3 1/4 ounces) frankfurter
- 40g (1 1/2 ounce) white mushroom also known as champignons, in oil
- Little bunch of fresh chives
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) fresh young onions, chopped
- 500 ml (1 pint - 2cups) white wine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: about 60 minutes
total: 1 h 15 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 211 (kcal) 11 % GDA (*)- 882 (kJ)
Protein: 31.8 (g) 64 % GDA
Total fat: 8.8 (g) 13 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 1.2 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 1.0 (g) 2 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (127 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for rolled roast turkey breast filled with franfurter and mushrooms
Preparation and cooking
- - Clean and wash fresh chives. Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
Blend mushrooms together with frankfurter and chives.
- - Prepare turkey breast.
Spread out your turkey breast on the working surface and pound it well with a meat mallet.
Season to taste with salt (only a pinch, frankfurter are already rich in salt).
Spoon your filling on the surface uniformly, leaving a margin of an inch free.
Roll it up and tie with kitchen string or food loop top silicone by Tescoma.
- - Cook your rolled roast turkey.
Brown your rolled meat on all sides in olive oil together with onions in a pan, on low heat.
Turn it frequently.
Pour in wine and let meat flavor, turning it frequently, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile bring to the boil a quantity of water enough to cover your meat, or vegetable broth, if prefered.
Pour in hot water, season to taste with salt, eventually.
Continue cooking, half-covered, turning your rolled roast turkey now and then.
You should need about an hour.
Don't reduce cooking juice completely.
Just before serving
- - Let your rolled roast turkey cool and then cut it into thick slices.
Look at the photo for more details.
Put all turkey slices again in the pan.
Warm them up just before serving.
Use two paddles to move the slices.
Serve in indivual plates topped with cooking juice.
- - If you want clear slices remember to buy pale frankfurters.
- - It's a delicate recipe and everybody likes it.
- - Daily menu: accompany this rolled roast turkey with boiled or raw vegetables or a seasonal green salad.
- - Celebration menu or menu for special occasions. The doses are enough for more people. Accompany this dish with boiled or raw spinach, carrots or green beans.
This recipe becomes a very special dish if you accompany it with unusual side dishes. Look at the next paragraph and follow the links ;))
Useful links for this recipe
- - What about spinach-and-ricotta flans or white salad made with grapes, fennel and cashews?
and would you like Russian salad to accompany it? it tastes fantastic!
- - Read my idea for a full white menu, Italian style for a ceremony in spring.
What's the right wine for " Rolled roast turkey breast filled with frankfurter and mushrooms "?
Match Traminer aromatico (white wine of Friuli) in your special occasions, choose Merlot in your daily menu, if you prefer red wine.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1