Involtini con speck
Veal roulades with speck and hard-boiled eggs Our original home cooking
These veal rolls are simple enough to do but so tasty that everyone in your family will like them, including your children. My rolls are made with veal slices rolled up around Italian speck (or bacon) and hard-boiled eggs. They're delicious. Besides they have no cheese, and so they are suitable for people with lactose intolerance.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 600g (1 1/3 pound) veal slices
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) Italian speck, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 fresh young onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 100ml (3 fluid ounces) rosé wine
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
total: 50 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 356 (kcal) 18 % GDA (*)- 1489 (kJ)
Protein: 42.4 (g) 85 % GDA
Total fat: 19.3 (g) 28 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 3.4 (g) 2 % GDA
Sugars: 3.3 (g) 4 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (161 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for veal rolls stuffed with speck and hard-boiled eggs
- - Pound veal slices with a meat mallet and season to taste with salt.
- - Prepare veal rolls.
Share speck and eggs among meat slices.
Then roll them up and tie with kitchen string.
You can also use food loop TOP SILICONE by Tescoma.
- - Put olive oil, onions and veal rolls in a non-stick frying pan.
Sauté veal rolls on all sides on very low heat.
Meanwhile, melt tomato paste into wine.
Pour in wine and season to taste with salt.
Lower heat and cook, half-covered, turning frequently, until cooking juice is well reduced, about 20 minutes.
Add hot water only if necessary.
Add all aromatic herbs a couple of minutes before turning off the stove.
Just before serving
- - Serve your veal rolls hot.
- - This recipe is very simple and you can prepare it in advance.
- - You can substitute speck with cotto ham or raw ham.
- - My husband took the photo before cooking to let you note the way to tie meat rolls.
- - My roulades with bacon and boiled eggs are perfect to serve when you have guests and don't know their food problems. It 'a recipe without cheese and it's fine for those who have lactose intolerance or simplier for those who don't like cheese.
- - The best side dish for this recipe is a seasonal green salad or a salad made with lettuce, walnuts and grated fresh carrots.
- - You can read a simple/quick-to-do full menu, Italian-style for your get-together when you haven't too much time to cook in the next paragraph. Note this menu isn't thought for people intolerant to lactose.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Antipasto: crostini, Neapolitan-style accompanied by assorted salami and cheeses
First course: fettuccine, Roma-style
Second course: this veal roll recipe accompanied by side dishes, suggested above
Dessert: seasonal fresh fruit salad accompanied by ice-cream or the classical apple tart.
- - As you can see, these rolls are certainly not a dish with fewer calories for their fillings and therefore shouldn't be chosen too frequently.
They also have a high content of proteins having the ingredients: meat, bacon and eggs
What's the right wine for " Veal roulades with speck and hard-boiled eggs "?
Rating: 4.5 / vote cast: 2