Sangria Bianca v.2
White sangria with nectarines and oranges Our original home cooking
White sangria is made with white wine. I created two recipes during a summer meal, buffet-style with lots of guests. Someone was able to test both and didn't know which was the best. This version is made with nectarines, oranges, lemons, sparkling white wine and vodka. In the other version of white sangria I used dry wine, melon, oranges, lemons and rum. All links to my sangria versions below!
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 4 nectarines (a quality of peach)
- 1 organic orange
- 1 lemon
- 100ml (3 1/3 fluid ounces) vodka
- 50g (1 3/4 ounce) granulated sugar
- 1 bottle white slightly sparkling wine
preparation: 15 minutes
plus resting time
total: 15 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 182 (kcal) 10 % GDA (*)- 763 (kJ)
Protein: 0.0 (g)
Total fat: 0.0 (g)
Total carbohydrate: 9.7 (g) 4 % GDA
Sugars: 9.7 (g) 11 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (133 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for sangria with white wine, nectarines and oranges
- - Remove peel and stones from nectarines and cut flesh into pieces.
- - Put these pieces into a large carafe and add sugar and vodka.
- - Stir very well and let this mixture rest in a cool place, about 2 hours.
- - At this point add orange and lemon slices and pour in white wine.
- - Stir and preserve in the refrigerator, 12 hours.
Just before serving
- - As you can see in the photo my husband and I use to serve sangria with all its fruit. Some guests wish to taste fruit pieces too. For this reason it would be better to provide the buffet table of long-handled forks to take the fruit easily. Another solution is to prepare sangria in a large container with a wider opening. Alternatively you can serve it after filtering.
- - You should prepare sangria the day before.
- - I suggest you to keep at home cool tonic water if somebody prefers to dilute your sangria.
- - The doses I suggest are enough for 6 people.
- - In my opinion and my experience white sangria is a good choice for summer meals, buffet-style and alfresco dinners. But I usually choose it in cocktail parties too for Holiday Season. I generally make a red, a rosé and a white version to satisfy all my guests. Instead of nectarines I use white grape after dividing in half its berries and removing its seeds.
Sangria or at least a fresh fruit cocktail is always the easiest solution when you don't have at home all the necessary equipment for making IBA cocktails or other international cocktails.
- - White sangria is perfect to serve with cold meats combined with fruit as you can see in the photo, skewers with cherries and cheese or other Italian finger food, canapes, savory pies, cold dishes with meat or fish, pasta salad or rice salad rich in taste.
Useful links for this recipe
- - The second version of mine of white sangria is prepared with melon and rum.
- - Do you prefer rosé sangria? or want to have a look at my own red version?
- - Interested in cheese-and-cherry finger foods? Remember you can browse the Italian antipasto directory to look for other inviting ideas for your summer meals.
- - Finally the links to summer pasta salad ideas and cold rice dishes!
- - This sangria has a higher alcohol content than normal wine. Then you have to drink it with caution. A lot of people prefer to dilute it. It is rich in calories when you consider that its portion is about 125 ml.
If we also eat its fruit we have to increase calories and sugar.
Note that I calculated sangria nutrition facts without considering its fruit.
- - Drink with moderation, please. First of all, you can enjoy more what you are being offered, then you will keep your lucidity (and dignity) and your liver will thank you :))
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1