Marinated raw anchovies ( Alici crude marinate)
Authentic Sicilian recipe
Marinated raw anchovies is a Sicilian recipe. A tasty antipasto or second course according to your own taste but, be careful, fish must be very fresh! In fact no cooking is required. Another tip: you can find the best-quality anchovies only in winter and summer! You are going to read an authentic Mediterranean diet recipe!
time: 30 minutes
calories: 168 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 400g (14 ounces) raw anchovies
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 lemons
- Bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 red hot chili pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- medium difficulty
- Time: preparation: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
9 % -
Protein: 12.8 (g) 26 % GDA
Total fat: 12.0 (g) 18 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 2.5 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 2.5 (g) 3 % GDA
plus marinating time
cooking: no cooking
total: 30 minutes
Download free PDF version (158 download).
Marinated raw anchovy recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare anchovies.
You have to remove their heads, entrails and bones.
Then wash them under cold running water and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
Arrange them on their backs on a deep serving plate.
- - Prepare marinate.
Squeeze two lemons and squash two garlic cloves into lemon juice.
Sprinkle fish with this juice.
Cover the plate with cling film and chill overnight.
- - The day after ...
... drain fish from marinating juice very well.
Dip them into the juice of remaining two lemons.
- - Prepare final seasoning.
Remove seeds from chili pepper, slice it and add to olive oil.
Then squash remaining two garlic cloves into olive oil.
Season to taste with salt.
Drain anchovies from lemon juice.
Arrange them on the serving plate and dress with the olive oil you have prepared before.
Sprinkle with parsley.
Just before serving
- - Your dish is ready to serve!
- - It’s necessary anchovies are very fresh (freshly caught). This is no cooking recipe.
- - Who does not like garlic can replace it with plenty of fresh chives. My husband and I like much more anchovies worked without garlic because we can enjoy anchovy own flavor better.
- - Serve these anchovies as starter in a typical Italian meal or second course in summer combined with potato or green salad.
What's the right wine for " Marinated raw anchovies "?
Match this tasty appetizer with a bone-dry, intense white wine of Campania: Fiano di Avellino