Inciocchite clams ( Vongole inciocchite )
Authentic recipe from Marches
Inciocchite clams, a new recipe idea to serve clams. This is a recipe made in Marches (Italy) with clams. It's very easy to do and tasty. The only ingredients you need to make this Italian shellfish dish are clams and salt. Authentic Mediterranean diet recipe.
time: 30 minutes
calories: 60 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 2kg (4.4 pounds) clams
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: the time for cleaning clams
- How many calories in a serving?
3 % -
Protein: 8.5 (g) 17 % GDA
Total fat: 2.1 (g) 4 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 1.8 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 1.8 (g) 2 % GDA
cooking: 15 minutes
total: 30 minutes
Download free PDF version (175 download).
Marches-style clam or boiled clam recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare clams.
Dip your clams in salt water many times.
At the end, dip them in water without salt.
- - Cook clams.
Bring abundant water to the boil.
Wrap clams in a tea towel and put them in boiling water.
Let water boil again and count 2 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Take your tea towel out of the water, open it and serve your clams immediately distributed in indiwidual cup, still warm.
- - The flavor of this clam dish is special for the warm water thay have inside but sometimes opening them can be laborious.
- - It may be difficult to open clam shells. Remember to put a oyster knife among the other pieces of cutlery on the table. Besides you should put a plate for all empty shells on the table. But my tip is not to prepare this clam dish in your formal invitations :))
- - This dish is a tasty appetizer according to a typical Italian menu.