Wild boar salami and paté canapés ( Tartine cinghiale e patè )
Our original home cooking
Canapés (in Italian tartine) with wild boar salami and paté on the top is an elegant way to prepare canapés for a special occasion. For example, they are an excellent solution to start your Christmas, birthday, anniversary menus or for a cocktail party or a meal, buffet-style. You can read recipe directions, menu ideas, calories, paired wine, useful links and more details below.
time: 20 minutes
calories: 302 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 25 round crackers or 20 Tuc pieces
- 20g (3/4 ounce) unsalted butter
- 40g (1 1/2 ounce) paté de foie gras with black truffles
- 1 40g (1 1/2 ounce) wild boar salami in oil
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
16 % -
Protein: 6.7 (g) 14 % GDA
Total fat: 25.0 (g) 36 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 12.1 (g) 5 % GDA
Sugars: n.c. (g)
cooking: not required
total: 20 minutes
Download free PDF version (188 download).
Recipe for canapés with wild boar salami and paté
- - Butter all your crackers.
- - Spread paté on half of them.
Garnish with green peas (or quail eggs, green olives, little pieces of peppers in oil ...) and mayonnaise.
- - Put a little slice of wild boar salami over remaining crackers.
Garnish with mayonnaise.
Just before serving
- - Arrange all your canapés on a serving platter.
- - Your canapés are ready to serve.
- - Do not prepare your canapés well in advance.
The mayonnaise is altered rapidly. Okay half hour before.
- - You can also use sliced bread to make these canapés.
- - These canapés (tartine) are fantastic in a full menu, Italian style based on meat dishes. Serve them to your guests, paired with the cocktail suggested below, waiting for the first course, before they seat at the table.
- - These canapés are perfect for a meal, buffet-style, a cocktail party too.
Useful links for this recipe
- - If you're looking for other tidbits to combine with these canapes, you could also consult our directories on crostini, finger food and Italian antipasto ideas.
- - Follow the link to our international cocktails and fruit cocktails of my own creation to find more ideas than the one suggested below.
- - Have a look at our themed dinner menus if you are any doubt about an Italian-style menu. Here you can find Christmas menu ideas too and more on.
- - In the nutrition facts I considered only the ingredients listed above.
- - Besides I couldn't calculated sugars for the absence of their amount in the labels.
What's the right cocktail?
According to our taste my husband and I generally pair Red Heart, a cocktail of my own creation that we like very much with these canapés.