Gelatina di anguria
Our original home cooking
Watermelon jelly is a cold dessert for summer. Nice-to-see but tasty-to-eat recipe. Look at our watermelon jelly photo. It is beautiful on a buffet table, isn't it? but I assure you that is very good and easy to do. Astonish your guests with a tasty and low-calorie dessert.
time: 1 h 30 minutes
calories: 147 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 8
- 800g (1 3/4 pound) watermelon flesh
- 125g (4.4 ounces) low-fat yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 25g (1 ounce) gelatine sheets
- 1 bottle sweet sparkling wine
- Half a melon
- 2 kiwi fruits
- 2 tablespoons ice sugar
- A lemon juice
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
8 % -
Protein: 1.7 (g) 4 % GDA
Total fat: 0.2 (g) 1 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 15.0 (g) 6 % GDA
Sugars: 15.0 (g) 17 % GDA
plus cooling time
cooking: about an hour
total: 1 h 30 minutes
Download free PDF version (195 download).
Watermelon jelly recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare watermelon.
Remove seeds from watermelon flesh.
Purée it in a blender until smooth.
- - Cooking.
Pour puréed watermelon into a saucepan.
Add sweet sparkling wine and yoghurt too.
Cook over a low heat, half-covered, stirring now and then until your mixture is reduced to the third part.
At this point add cinnamon and stir.
Meanwhile soak gelatine shhet in cold water, squeeze and melt in the warm mixture.
Let your mixture cool and then pour it into a pudding mold.
Just before serving
- - Before serving your watermelon jelly, turn it upsidedown on a serving platter. If this operation is difficult, you can plunge your mold into hot water for few seconds.
Arrange around a fruit salad made with melon, kiwi fruits, lemon juice and ice sugar.
- - Your watermelon jelly is ready to serve!
- - Watermelon jelly is a tasty cold dessert that you can prepare in advance, the day before.
- - If you have any doubt on sparkling wine read the last paragraph.
- - I often prepare watermelon jelly in summer. I think it is very advantageous because you can prepare it in advance and calmly. It is a cool dessert, made with fruit, without any whipped cream or custard and so ideal for a fish menu and every alfresco dinner. Think of it for a BBQ party too.
- - It is a good choice for a meal, buffet-style.
- - Prepare it in individual bowls. It can be a tasty snack in afternoon.
Useful links for this recipe
- - I think you could also be interested in watermelon ice (Sicilian gelo di mellone).
- - It seems incredible, right? A portion with less than 200 calories? The secret lies in the fact that you work only with the sugar of fruit and sparkling wine. Without adding any sugar, flour and eggs here it is the result! Excellent example of how you can eat well without overdoing in the ingredients :))
- - Fiber per serving: 0.9 grams
What's the right wine for " Watermelon jelly "?
Sweet sparkling wine is already one of the ingredients for this dessert and in summer you'd drink less. Anyway chill a bottle of sweet sparkling wine, you never know! Obviously of the the same kind used for watermelon jelly ;)) I use Asti spumante.